Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Again

Hopefully this post isn’t out of school being in the LE forum ; but I’d like to point out for the non-LE reading this that if your flight itemerary is in close proximity to ANY airport controlled by the NY or NJ Port Authority to have alternate travel arrangements in place. FOPA provides protection for lawful gun owners in transit between two lawful areas, however a diversion to NJ represents a legal risk which should be researched carefully before departure. See Revell vs NJPA.

If this is the documented perspective of NJ on LEOSA, they’ll take an even dimmer view of the FOPA .
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    apparently its better to make the community less safe by not allowing hollow points
    Didn't you know that hollow points are MOAR DEADLIAR!!!11!!1!!!!, and therefore less safe?

I sincerely hope I never have cause to visit NJ, let alone live there.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Signature on the permits is delegated to the detectives' commander, which likely helps with quick processing instead of waiting on the Chief.
    Good for them to do that. [emoji106]

Just hope nobody in Trenton PD steps on Murphy/Grewal’s toes. Being it specifically states “Chief,” I’m sure they would find a way to stomp on a pro-2A department like that. Not like there are actual criminals out there to go after.

Mea Culpa on the permit cost - I'm just relating what I was told by the Agents in our NJ office. Apparently they exaggerated a bit. I'd still rather be a Peace Officer in NY than ANYTHING in NJ...

Site Supporter
    New Jersey sounds insane. Thank goodness I do not live there.

What a corrupt hell hole.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Seriously. Fuck New Jersey.
    ^^^^
    THIS!!!

We left in 2013, and have never returned. Very happy in NH.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    They've at least accomplished me never visiting the state again once my mother and sister move to, (oh my God), Maryland at year's end.

I will have to pass through a portion of the accursed state when driving up and visiting family in NY however.

blues, can't you find a route that gets you where you wanna go without risking your sanity in NJ?

For me, the travesty that is now NJ has special angst. My family spent our vacations on the Jersey shore for my entire childhood and my parent's ashes were scattered in the surf at Wildwood. After growing up, MY family has also spent many great vacations there. I had to drive there recently in my job and couldn't wait to get back out. I wouldn't consider any type of trip anywhere in NJ - if I have a choice. It's amazing what getting used to carrying concealed, 100% of the time in PA. - does to your mindset.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Hopefully this post isn’t out of school being in the LE forum ; but I’d like to point out for the non-LE reading this that if your flight itemerary is in close proximity to ANY airport controlled by the NY or NJ Port Authority to have alternate travel arrangements in place. FOPA provides protection for lawful gun owners in transit between two lawful areas, however a diversion to NJ represents a legal risk which should be researched carefully before departure. See Revell vs NJPA.

If this is the documented perspective of NJ on LEOSA, they’ll take an even dimmer view of the FOPA .

Gardone, just read through the case you referenced - if there ever was a reason NOT to get even close to NJ....where, exactly, do they think they are?

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    blues, can't you find a route that gets you where you wanna go without risking your sanity in NJ?

For me, the travesty that is now NJ has special angst. My family spent our vacations on the Jersey shore for my entire childhood and my parent's ashes were scattered in the surf at Wildwood. After growing up, MY family has also spent many great vacations there. I had to drive there recently in my job and couldn't wait to get back out. I wouldn't consider any type of trip anywhere in NJ - if I have a choice. It's amazing what getting used to carrying concealed, 100% of the time in PA. - does to your mindset.
    Not conveniently, and I'm not about to let the NJ State Police deter me from lawful carry as I cut through a corridor in their state to get to my destination. (But I do appreciate your concern, my friend.)

I do have legal coverage via my membership in FLEOA that would address such a problem...but of course can not repay the time wasted nor undo the aggravation such an episode would engender.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post

Yes, you can avoid NJ and duck around through PA. It's NY you can't avoid if you are trying to drive up north. There is literally no way to get out of New England without crossing NY. They also don't recognize the federal interstate transport law and you would have to raise it in your defense in court after your arrest. I called the NYSP firearms permitting unit the last time I had to cross NY and they confirmed this. You'll be fine without the permit but if the gun or magazines aren't NY legal, be prepared to pay a lawyer to prove that federal law trumps state... fuck em both...

Obviously, this all refers to upstate. NYC is a whole nother animal and I wouldn't bring a gun there unless covered by leosa. At least they seem to mostly recognize that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by VT1032; 11-25-2018 at 09:22 AM.

User Tag List