Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: NJ Again

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mark7 View Post
    Hey bro, being from PA what is this active firearms card you speak of???
    It’s just my department’s record of the guns with which an officer has a current qualification. It used to be a card type form. Now it’s on a sheet of paper. The name just kind of stuck.
    Last edited by Jason M; 11-26-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Wow, yeah, I guess I completely forgot that NJ changed its mag capacity ban after I left. What absurdity that a NJ cop can't even carry his standard sidearm off duty...

Does your son still carry the SIG P239 .40 off duty then, or did his department switch to something else?
    His feelings @ this point is that if he is restricted to 10 rounds or less he may as well carry the 239. When he wants to carry a lighter weapon he will carry his LCR. He had been considering getting a PX4 Compact in 9mm.

Funny thing is that his department is one of the few in NJ that still carry Sigs. If fact I just ran into with my local departments Firearms Instructor and they recently moved from the Sig 220 to the 9mm Beretta striker fired pistol. Their nick name for the their Sigs is "the PIG". They saw Q scores department wide move from just passing to mid range passing.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Well, it looks like the timing of this discussion was particularly auspicious. Just got this message in an email from FLEOA:
    This is awesome. I'm sure that they've been working on this for the last month, but I'd like to think that in some way my email the other day may have helped in some manner

Quote Originally Posted by rsa-otc View Post
    His feelings @ this point is that if he is restricted to 10 rounds or less he may as well carry the 239. When he wants to carry a lighter weapon he will carry his LCR. He had been considering getting a PX4 Compact in 9mm.

Funny thing is that his department is one of the few in NJ that still carry Sigs. If fact I just ran into with my local departments Firearms Instructor and they recently moved from the Sig 220 to the 9mm Beretta striker fired pistol. Their nick name for the their Sigs is "the PIG". They saw Q scores department wide move from just passing to mid range passing.
    Our qual scores saw a slight spike downwards when we transitioned from the SIG to the Glock, surprisingly. I know of one ND, but stupid is as stupid does...guy tried putting a trigger lock on his loaded 19M. Close to 20 years on the job. Some people just can't be reached.

I'm not surprised most have moved away from the legacy P-series with how SIG is screwing that pooch. My buddy at Hamilton said they're in the midst of switching to the P320.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I was the police mechanic for River Edge, NJ for 20 years.
    When I started, they were in the 226. The frame rails were cracking, so in a deal with Sig, they got into the P228, which they used for about 15-18 years.
    Just before I left NJ, they went to a a special run of 229s in 9mm, with no rails, while Sig was selling the 229 with.

As far as I know, they are still in the 229, and were a "1 gun" department, meaning that they were only allowed to carry the 229, on and off duty.
    Last edited by CSW; 11-26-2018 at 07:49 PM.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

@TGS

Well, it looks like the timing of this discussion was particularly auspicious. Just got this message in an email from FLEOA:

Letter from counsel can be read here:

https://www.fleoa.org/downloads/LEOS...r_to_NJ_AG.pdf
    I’d love to read NJ’s response...

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    I’d love to read NJ’s response...
    If and when I see it, I'll make sure to post it here.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    If and when I see it, I'll make sure to post it here.
    Thanks, blues, as they say, timing is everything....or is it location? Anyway, keep the news coming! This is one of those threads you don't wanna read, but you can't look away.

Site Supporter
    @TGS

Letter from counsel can be read here:

https://www.fleoa.org/downloads/LEOS...r_to_NJ_AG.pdf
    I generally agree with their analysis. They should also address the ammunition issue. The 2010 amendment to LEOSA specifically preempted state ammunition laws as well by defining "firearm" for the purpose of the act to "include[] ammunition not expressly prohibited by Federal law or subject to the provisions of the National Firearms Act . . . ."

It is not again...it is still

https://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/20..._other_fo.html

You can search any agency or individual here: http://force.nj.com/

I don't think this has anything to do with the topic of the thread.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List