Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Real firearms experts/instructors and gun-forums?

Real firearms experts/instructors and gun-forums?

I find myself wasting too much time visiting many gun-forums and gun-related sites each day, more than 10 maybe. I mostly read and rarely post something. On most of these forums you find guys who have no or very little experience with firearms, some of them are only hobbyist shooters. What I need is 3-4 gun-forums where you can find real life instructors, members of elite law enforcement agencies whose lives depend on their firearms. Are there forums on which you can find Larry Vickers for example, Chris Costa and “the other guy” from Magpul Dynamics (those are great!), Todd Louis Green, Clint Smith etc.etc. What forums do you guys recommend?

Site Supporter
    I'm interested as well. I've severely pruned back the list of message boards that I read.

Make sure we keep this a positive thread. I don't want to see it turn in to an opportunity to throw cheap shots at other forums or instructors.

The only ones I can think of are this one, Arfcom (though theres alot more chafe), m4carbine, the Lightfighter forums and Southnarc's forum (Total Protection Interactive).

Oh and Louderthanwords for 1911 gunsmith-related stuff - alot of the big custom guys post over there.
    --
    Stay Safe,
    Frank

This forum, TPI, and the BrianEnos forums for the competition side.

Here, M4C, LF, TPI, and 10-8 is good, though there isn't much traffic.

This and Brian Enos are pretty much the only forums I read with any regularity. For pretty much the same reason, it's where I'm most likely to find a positive signal to noise ratio.

I used to be a big GT fan. But about 2 years ago I found M4C and then PT.com and have been better for it , IMHO.
    I still like to read the CopTalk section of GT, but pretty much everything else is seems to be hobbyist opinion. As for ARFCOM, I never have seen it's as a valuable source of credible info, though in fairness I never really sunk my teeth into the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D. View Post
    and Southnarc's forum (Total Protection Interactive).

Oh and Louderthanwords for 1911 gunsmith-related stuff - alot of the big custom guys post over there.
    Thanks for the info...did not realize that TPI was Southnarc's baby.

Also, don't forget about the world renown holster gods that frequent Louderthanwords

Oh, I hardly forgot, was just trying to keep things pertinent to the OP.

I'm gonna have to give you a call about a belt in a few years when I get back to the states.

Suffice it to say I'm a fan .
    --
    Stay Safe,
    Frank

This, and m4c.

User Tag List