Thread: G45 / Gen4 G19 MOS - Safariland ALS holster

Question G45 / Gen4 G19 MOS - Safariland ALS holster

Hello all,

I am looking at getting a duty holster for my G45, with milled RMR / suppressor sites / Surefire X300U. Safariland's website doesn't list any holster compatible with the Gen 5 G19MOS / G17MOS, but lists several for the Gen 4 G19MOS / G17MOS. My main concern is the forward cocking serrations. I believe that the Gen 4 G19MOS holsters would actually fit the gun, but I would like confirmation from somebody that actually has hands-on experience.

I'm currently looking at the 6360RDS ALS®/SLS Mid-Ride and the 6378RDS ALS® Concealment Paddle Holster

Thank you for your help.

Site Supporter
    Gen 4 holsters don't work with the Gen5 due to the slide releases on both sides. If it isn't specifically listed for a Gen 5 I wouldn't trust it.

I think you should be okay with the ALS holsters on a Gen 5 since it locks up on the ejection port and not any other part of the handgun. My G19.5 locks up in my 6354DO - it's a bit loose, but that's more a result of my G19.4 MOS having a threaded barrel and my G19.5 not having one, so it's not making contact with the barrel plug.

No idea if it'll work in the newer RDS series of holsters, though.

If buying new, get a gen5 specific model if you can. You may find supply limited, check multiple vendors. A colleague ordered a holster for a 19X and really confused a vendor.

I'm finding that most 6360/6390s types for gen 1-4 will work with gen5s without modification. They can be made to work with little effort. Heat and flex the body to desired clearance of the R slide stop. In the 6200s I usually have to cut relief notches, and/or peel the interior lining. Models for WMLs and RDSs should be even more tolerant, but I haven't scrutinized those much.

I don't think any 7TS models have needed modification for gen5s yet, but there are fewer of those around me than 6300s.

Prediction: Safariland is going to have a problem with premature wear of the ALS locking bar with G45s and any other Glock FS models. The cheese-grater effect you're hearing on the draw is friction of those two surfaces.
    Last edited by ST911; 11-25-2018 at 10:36 AM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    If buying new, get a gen5 specific model if you can. You may find supply limited, check multiple vendors. A colleague ordered a holster for a 19X and really confused a vendor.

I'm finding that most 6360/6390s types for gen 1-4 will work with gen5s without modification. They can be made to work with little effort. Heat and flex the body to desired clearance of the R slide stop. In the 6200s I usually have to cut relief notches, and/or peel the interior lining. Models for WMLs and RDSs should be even more tolerant, but I haven't scrutinized those much.

I don't think any 7TS models have needed modification for gen5s yet, but there are fewer of those around me than 6300s.

Prediction: Safariland is going to have a problem with premature wear of the ALS locking bar with G45s and any other Glock FS models. The cheese-grater effect you're hearing on the draw is friction of those two surfaces.
    A few weeks ago one of the Safariland production reps (not a sales droid) said the flats for the revised 7TS holster bodies were ready to go.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

The following holsters have worked with my Glock 19 Gen 5 that is milled/RMR06/Surefire X-300U/A:

6392RDS ALS Optic Holster Hi-Ride LI Duty
    6354DO ALS Optic Holster Drop/Offset Duty

Note that I don't have forward cocking serrations on my gun but I don't anticipate it being a big deal, there's a lot of room around the gun up front. YMMV and all that.

User Tag List