Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Knife that locks SHUT

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Are we talking about the same carry position right up against the rear of the front pocket? In that position, the fabric of the pants physically blocks the opening of the blade.
    I stopped carrying my Leek because the clip couldn't be adjusted so I couldn't carry it like that in my front right pocket. I really like that knife except for the fact that it kept opening in my pocket. That little safety slider thing didn't inspire much confidence.

As to knives that lock closed off hand I can think of the Benchmade mini Barrage, CRKT Lake series and some of the more more mall-ninja s&w knives.

Knife that locks SHUT

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Reliable opening trumps all.....by the time I have a Spyderco to a useful position I can thumb ride it all the way open..... Waves don't work well when you are pinned against the wall or the floor.... you simply end up with a partially opened knife..... The best way to open a folder is with two hands......the hump with the hole gives a great purchase for your off hand..... Fixed blade is the fastest.....choose your risk/reward and drive on.
    I have had very good performance with waved folding trainers in grappling and entanglement. Very high ratio of successful deployments and only a few failures.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 11-28-2018 at 10:51 AM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I learned this the hard way.

I thought my newly-back-from-Lifesharp Benchmade Mini-Grip clip was mounted wrong. Swapped the clip and went to Lowe’s.

Reached in to get my keys out, and had a feeling like an electric shock in my fingertips.

Pro-Tip: Having a first aid kit with a buncha 2”x2” bandages in the door of the truck is a super good idea.

I didn’t need any stitches but it left a fairly nasty reminder.
    I’m afraid that knife is cursed.....it tried to kill us both!

I have a G10 Mini-Grip that I really like. But the keys are in the other pocket so they can’t open up the knife. A Spyderco hole is much harder to open in the pocket compared to the Axis stud.

The only thing that goes in that pocket is small Swiss Army knife.
    Last edited by LSP552; 11-30-2018 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I’m afraid that knife is cursed.....it tried to kill us both!

I have a G10 Mini-Grip that I really like. But the keys are in the other pocket so they can’t open up the knife. A Spyderco hole is much harder to open in the pocket compared to the Axis stud.

The only thing that goes in that pocket is small Swiss Army knife.
    Ken I would Karma it on but I don’t want to endanger anyone here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Ken I would Karma it on but I don’t want to endanger anyone here.
    Good call Rich. Promise I didn’t know it was cursed!

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I have a SOG with a tanto blade somewhere that locks shut. It's a little tab on the side. I think it was under $50 new. I bought it used from a friend.

-Cory

Thanks.

Found that one, and was being nagged for a Christmas list, so that model was sent to them and is on the way.
    Now if I can avoid stabbing myself until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I have had very good performance with waved folding trainers in grappling and entanglement. Very high ratio of successful deployments and only a few failures.
    Me too.

And going for the blade while pinned is putting the cart in front of the horse. Remember the three Ps folks - Pressure, Posture, Position. Dominant positions win fights, not knives.

And I've especially had no problems deploying waved blades when they are carried at the front of the pocket P'Kal style. In fact, to have that trapped, I'd have to be on my stomach or side. In which case I'm not in the right place to be trying to get a knife out anyways.

Last edited by RevolverRob; 12-02-2018 at 12:33 AM.

The CRKT Igniter locks closed.

What does "wave" mean?
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    The CRKT Igniter locks closed.

What does "wave" mean?
    The Emerson Wave that opens the folder when the knife is drawn from the pocket.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The Emerson Wave that opens the folder when the knife is drawn from the pocket.
    Gotcha. Thanks
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

User Tag List