Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Knife that locks SHUT

Knife that locks SHUT

I generally keep an inexpensive (sub $50) pocket knife as the majority of the uses it receives, is opening packages. The other day my leg was bothering me, and I figured either my keys were rubbing me wrong, or my pen had come apart and was poking a hole in the pocket. Nope, I reached into my pocket and found my knife had come opened in it as my pinky slide across hit.

This made me wonder if there is a knife that locks shut, as well as open?

My EDC Kershaw Onion Chive has a little safety to prevent opening.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Thank you. I didn't know that was a thing, or the term to look for, now I have a good start (just have to choose what model)!

I have a Benchmade Emissary, which has an assisted opening, and it has a little safety which locks it closed.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I have a SOG with a tanto blade somewhere that locks shut. It's a little tab on the side. I think it was under $50 new. I bought it used from a friend.

https://www.sogknives.com/type/knives/flare.html
    Thats not what I have, but any with that little metal tab will lock. This one is under $50 and it looks like you can get a 20% discount if you sign up for a newsletter.

-Cory

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    My EDC Kershaw Onion Chive has a little safety to prevent opening.
    The Leek as well.

Chris

The classic Opinel folding knives lock closed.
    https://www.opinel-usa.com/collectio...ch-wood-handle

Site Supporter
    I carry tip up knives right up against the rear edge of my front pockets. It is impossible for them to open without removing them from the pocket.

Since this is my preferred carry placement for a folding knife, I avoid tip down, which can accidentally open when I reach into the pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

As a data point, Gerber makes knives with a safety (locks the blade whether open or closed). I'd take just about anything mentioned in this thread over the one I owned. It had durability issues that even most budget knives would normally shrug off.

I had a Boker with a button lock I gave away a few years back. Locked in both the open and closed position. I think it was a German border guard model that I had won on another forum. Not the highest end steel but it was very secure.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List