Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus 865UL

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye63 View Post
    I would like to see Ruger come out with a SP101-ish size 6 shot 357 or 5 shot 44spl ....
    Considering that the .44 Spl GP100 is a five shooter, I wouldn't hold my breath on that. There's not enough meat in an SP101 cylinder for five .44 charge holes.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Im not really asking for advice
    Ok then. Hope it's every bit as indefatigable as your other Taurus guns.

Care to let us know if/when it passes 2,000 rounds and if you run into any problems?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Considering that the .44 Spl GP100 is a five shooter, I wouldn't hold my breath on that. There's not enough meat in an SP101 cylinder for five .44 charge holes.
    But they could do a SP-101 6 shot. Surely.

Have you handled a K6 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    A variance of a SP101 , with a slightly larger cylinder to accommodate 5 holes for the 44spl and 6 holes for a 357mag ... with the same steel a treatment that is given on the LCR357 ....Im not expecting the SP101-ish 44spl to handle 44spl +P ...but standard pressure rounds ...

My Charter Arms Bulldog is smaller and much lighter than the SP101 ....

Another option would be a six shot 38spl on the LCR38 or even a six shot in the LCR357 and maybe a 5 shot LCR44spl

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vftq9hNpvBc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2fn6GFSwTEw

Taurus is one of those gun companies that IMO has shown such wanton disregard for the well being of their customers that I would probably never buy something made by them, especially not a tool to trust my life to.

Remington and possibly Cobra are the only other companies I can think of that I feel have such an utterly unsalvegable reputation.

for the record every Taurus I have actually shot has functioned just fine but I dont want to be the guy who buys a new Taurus the next time their QC slips into the dangerously defective zone.

IMO you are far better off with an LCR .38 than gambling safety, durability, and reliability just to get an extra round.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    But they could do a SP-101 6 shot. Surely.
    They do.

https://ruger.com/products/sp101/specSheets/5773.html
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    A variance of a SP101 , with a slightly larger cylinder to accommodate 5 holes for the 44spl and 6 holes for a 357mag...
    At that point, why not just get a GP100 with compact grips?

The SP101 fits the same category as the P239 for me. Too heavy to be a little gun, too small to be a big gun.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 481
Size:  81.6 KB

I have a Ruger Security Six that I purchased used around 17 yrs ago , which has always served me well ..I really don't think you could own a better medium framed 357 mag revolver , for the money I paid for this ....

Site Supporter
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 481
Size:  81.6 KB

I have a Ruger Security Six that I purchased used around 17 yrs ago , which has always served me well ..I really don't think you could own a better medium framed 357 mag revolver , for the money I paid for this ....
    The first handgun I ever shot was my uncle’s 4” stainless security six. They are great guns but like the K frame .357s they did not hold up to a steady diet of .357 ammunition. There is a reason why the L frame and GP 100 series were developed and why LE agencies which shot full power ammo went to them when revolvers were in common use as duty guns.

This is what some very knowledgeable people in this thread are trying to tell you about why things like a six shot .357 PS 101 or a 5 Shot 44 Special SP 101 would not be feasible. At not with current metallurgy.

What type of round counts are you putting through your Taurus and charter revolvers ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    True. Too bad .327 is to expensive.

How did Kimber make the same sized gun, with an extra round?

User Tag List