Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This should end the bear gun debate

Site Supporter
    Don’t know any y’all have against bears.... :-)

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bear

A term used by gay men to describe a husky, large man with a lot of body hair.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-22-2018 at 11:40 PM.

Name:  4349A5B5-D7E9-410C-B907-0937E32AC544.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  95.3 KB

From my front door, about 45 minutes ago. Looked like a big boy (or girl).

In the heat of the moment I made a withdrawal from my safe of a VP40 with a .357 Sig barrel. 13 + 1 125gr HST. But I have a feeling that’s not the right ammo, which one day I was going to get around to researching and buying.

Life comes at you quickly. When I calm down a bit I’ll do some scrolling through some of the threads here to figure out what I SHOULD have. Meanwhile, anyone wanna give me the definitive answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post

In the heat of the moment I made a withdrawal from my safe of a VP40 with a .357 Sig barrel. 13 + 1 125gr HST. But I have a feeling that’s not the right ammo, which one day I was going to get around to researching and buying.

Life comes at you quickly. When I calm down a bit I’ll do some scrolling through some of the threads here to figure out what I SHOULD have. Meanwhile, anyone wanna give me the definitive answer?
    Naw that’ll pop the brain pan. I’m sure of it.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter

If you are at home, a .308 or thereabouts.

I bet that was a thrill to see...

https://www.fieldandstream.com/10-be...ar-cartridges/

Site Supporter

When I lived in south-central PA (Blair county) I once walked up on one in the woods. We looked at each other, froze for a second, and ran off in opposite directions. I've also seen them crossing roads. They prefer to stay as far from people as possible, at least in rural areas. If suburban areas are encroaching on their habitat, they may get more comfortable around people, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

Lahti 20mm.

7-8 years ago we were visiting the oldest boy and his family in Colorado Springs. One morning I walked out on the back deck, looked over at the neighbor's house ~100 yards away and saw a bear on their back porch. The .380 in my pocket that I'd felt was "sufficient" around the house suddenly felt very inadequate...

I found out later it wasn't a common sight but it happened often enough on trash days that no one was surprised or alarmed.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Pretty much anything you carry for EDC should be fine in a pinch, but if you were inside, and he started getting into stuff, some yelling from inside your house would be my plan. If he was just sniffing around, I would video and enjoy the show!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Pretty much anything you carry for EDC should be fine in a pinch, but if you were inside, and he started getting into stuff, some yelling from inside your house would be my plan. If he was just sniffing around, I would video and enjoy the show!
    He was just sniffing around and didn’t even notice us. We certainly enjoyed the show, although it kinda freaked us out. I will enjoy it a bit more next time if I’m more confident about my ability to fend him off should he decide to show up when I’m outside puttering (or my wife is), he’s had a bad day at the office, and is in a worse mood.

I’ve been hoping for a good reason to shoot a bear in the ass with one of these:
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I’ve been hoping for a good reason to shoot a bear in the ass with one of these:
    The marketing department should have put a picture of a bear running away on the box, and not a picture of a bear that looks like it’s super pissed off and going to drag me in the woods and eat me because I just shot it the ass with a rubber bullet.

User Tag List