Thread: Surefire Mini762 for HKMR762?

Surefire Mini762 for HKMR762?

I'd love an OSS Helix 762 so I can Larp real hard. But I'm getting a Surefire RC2 to live on my 5.56 guns, and I want a dedicated can to permanently live on my HK MR762. There's not a lot of options for HK as most people know. I don't have a shit load of time and rounds fired behind suppressors. I do like the RC2 and have fired the most rounds through one of those on an 11.5" RECCE.

Since I liked the lack of back pressure, and the build quality, I'm thinking it's going to be the best option for my MR762. The suppressors and muzzle devices are also much more available.

My two questions are: 1. Does anyone have any experience with the Mini 762? 2. Since there is a lack of an adjustable gas block on the MR762, will this setup beat the hell out of my MR762, or will it be good to go? I shoot about 100 rounds tops, and if I go to a SPR/DMR match, I might shoot 200 rounds tops. So I'm not cooking the shit out of the gun. I just want something setup for quick follow up shots but nothing more than a 2-3 shot string.

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    I'd love an OSS Helix 762 so I can Larp real hard. But I'm getting a Surefire RC2 to live on my 5.56 guns, and I want a dedicated can to permanently live on my HK MR762. There's not a lot of options for HK as most people know. I don't have a shit load of time and rounds fired behind suppressors. I do like the RC2 and have fired the most rounds through one of those on an 11.5" RECCE.

Since I liked the lack of back pressure, and the build quality, I'm thinking it's going to be the best option for my MR762. The suppressors and muzzle devices are also much more available.

My two questions are: 1. Does anyone have any experience with the Mini 762? 2. Since there is a lack of an adjustable gas block on the MR762, will this setup beat the hell out of my MR762, or will it be good to go? I shoot about 100 rounds tops, and if I go to a SPR/DMR match, I might shoot 200 rounds tops. So I'm not cooking the shit out of the gun. I just want something setup for quick follow up shots but nothing more than a 2-3 shot string.
    You should be fine, 2-3 round shot strings aren't going to stress the system at all. There will be more recoil but you can mitigate that with a heavier buffer spring if needed. Shoot it first though to see would needs to be tweaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansohn Brothers View Post
    You should be fine, 2-3 round shot strings aren't going to stress the system at all. There will be more recoil but you can mitigate that with a heavier buffer spring if needed. Shoot it first though to see would needs to be tweaked.
    Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. I think I'm going to pull the trigger when I get my Taxes back this year.

I have a mini 762 socom. I ran it on my sr25 acc and it was perfectly fine, there, in every regard.

User Tag List