Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chopped M10

Very nice. 3” on a K has such a nice look and balance to it.

What finish did you use?

Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    What finish did you use?
    I parkerized it. Originally I planned to top the parkerizing with a coat of Norrels Molyresin. The longer I leave it this way the more I like it though.

Well done! I’m a big 3” K Frame fan as well, and this one just says “serious “.

The boys at Ruger and S&W need to tune into this thread. Hottest handgun out there is a Model 13 3". And neither company can figure that out. Where's Lipsey's when you need them?

For my money it has been Lipsey's who have saved Ruger's bacon.
    Last edited by Zeke38; 11-22-2018 at 10:51 AM.

I have a 3" M13 and it's on my never sell or trade list. Perfect shootin' and carrying size. I did quite well in IDPA revolver division with it.

Now Colt needs to get the new Cobra out with a 3" barrel, I would seriously consider getting one.

Site Supporter
    Looks great. I have a beater model 10 2” that I should do this to.

Site Supporter
    Re: finish: putting one of the polymer spray and bake finishes over parkerizing will result in significantly better adhesion than applying to bare metal, and will significantly enhance corrosion resistance over parkerizing by itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I've often looked at those surplus Model 10s selling for $225 to $300 from places like Buds and wondered if a person couldn't gin a up a little cottage industry making sure they were timed right, cutting the barrels to 3", installing some kind of highly visible front sight, and applying one of the new bake on/spray on finishes.

I'm new to revolvers bigger than a J-frame, but I could see myself getting to the point where I'd pay some money for a no-lock Smith with those features. I'm not sure the margin is there though, as I don't have a good read on how much time would be invested.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List