Thread: PMC 10mm 200gr would not chamber...

PMC 10mm 200gr would not chamber...

I bought a new box of PMC 10mm ammo and it jammed up my Glock 20sf almost every time.
    Now I just got a new Lone Wolf Barrel for it.

Talk about timing!

The ammo was indeed bulging as I checked it with a Wilson Case Gage to confirm.

Here I was cussing out my new barrel, but I put some Hornady and American Eagle through it with no problems.

Anyone ever had a whole box of 50 that did this?

I won’t be buying PMC ammo again!

Doug

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkafire View Post
    I bought a new box of PMC 10mm ammo and it jammed up my Glock 20sf almost every time.
    Now I just got a new Lone Wolf Barrel for it.

Talk about timing!

The ammo was indeed bulging as I checked it with a Wilson Case Gage to confirm.

Here I was cussing out my new barrel, but I put some Hornady and American Eagle through it with no problems.

Anyone ever had a whole box of 50 that did this?

I won’t be buying PMC ammo again!

Doug
    I once had to relegate 80,000 rounds of Win Ranger duty ammo to training use only. I’ve also gotten a 9mm round in a box of 40 cal. Everyone makes bad rounds some times. Have you contacted PMC ? I’d be surprised if they don’t make it right.

Site Supporter

Your experience is not typical, but is not unheard of. PMC has become an acceptable product.
    Last edited by willie; 11-22-2018 at 09:51 PM.

I ran into a fairly good deal on PMC 200gr FMJ back in the spring . Picked up 1,000 rounds .. I have went through almost half of it .. I have ran bout half in my 20SF and the rest in my Hi-Point Carbine .. I haven't had any problems with it .. Dang accurate in my carbine ..

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Your experience is not typical, but is not unheard of. PMC has become an acceptable product.
    I've always heard PMC = "Pretty Much Crap", have they improved recently?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    I place it in the good training ammo category. It seems that with the ammo industry's efforts on cranking out train loads of product at cut throat competitive prices we are seeing more examples of occasionally defective ammunition. In 1964 I was paying $40 per 1000 plus railroad freight charges to have WW2 surplus 9mm shipped to my parents. I was 16 years old. In today's money, the $40 is about $275. And then there was the expensive freight. And the ammo was corrosive. Today's PMC is a better product, and it's a great deal cheaper. Enjoy it while you can.

I had a Delta Elite that would not chamber Eldorado Starfire. My Glock 20 had no issues with said Starfire. I only had about 5 boxes so it wasn't a big deal...just weird.

User Tag List