Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger to release a Brand New 8-Shot Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Or one could buy a .41 Magnum...
    Indeed.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

If this new offering by Ruger is a 8 shot 357mag on a slightly bigger frame than the GP100 and weighs the same as the S&W 686+1 ... They will have something...

I'm looking for a great condition S&W 686 +1 with a four inch barrel.. at the LGS's and pawnshops at this time....
    I may put off my search ..

That would make eminently more sense-significantly more power than .357 magnum, and presumably less bulk needed than for .44 magnum. Could be a great match-up for the GP100. Hey, people went for the .44 Special; I'd think a .41 GP100 would have a logical, and fighting chance of success. Good call.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    That would make eminently more sense-significantly more power than .357 magnum, and presumably less bulk needed than for .44 magnum. Could be a great match-up for the GP100. Hey, people went for the .44 Special; I'd think a .41 GP100 would have a logical, and fighting chance of success. Good call.

Best, Jon
    A 41 Mag GP100 would be a nice addition to the lineup.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    This wound up being a disappointment.
    Attachment 32656
    I sold it and bought an S&W 745. I was sad, because I really wanted to like it.
    But hey, at least it went for something cool. I mean, a 745!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I vote for "Bloodhawk." moar badass..

Because everyone responded "Bulky, heavy-ass, old-school revolver in a medium chambering?" 😃

Still... I'm intrigued.
    Um. Bought a 6” 28-2 this year. Speaking of revolvers in the bulky, heavy, medium bore and old school vein.

Site Supporter
    Apparently, even Charter can make one of those!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Apparently, even Charter can make one of those!
    For those people who took up shooting because beating their thumbs with hammers became boring...

I'm a recoil wimp. I found shooting a .41 from a 6" M57 to be pleasant. Shooting .357s from a 6" M27 is fun and so is shooting them from a 4" 686. It becomes less fun as I move to a K-fame and then to a steel J-frame. I have zero interest in firing .357s from alloy J-frames.

Besides that, my impression has been that firing a .357 Magnum from less than a 4" barrel gives one a shitload more noise and flash and maybe 200fps than a .38 +P. If one of your SD scenarios is shooting indoors without ear pro, I'd stay away from Magnum loads.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I'm a recoil wimp. I found shooting a .41 from a 6" M57 to be pleasant. Shooting .357s from a 6" M27 is fun and so is shooting them from a 4" 686. It becomes less fun as I move to a K-fame and then to a steel J-frame. I have zero interest in firing .357s from alloy J-frames.
    Try Buffalo Bore full power Mags loaded with the Barnes 140gr in an LCR. It'll make a believer out of you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Try Buffalo Bore full power Mags loaded with the Barnes 140gr in an LCR. It'll make a believer out of you.

I believe... I'm with Stephanie on this. Magnums are for bigger guns.

User Tag List