Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Best electronic ear muffs

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    srstactical is the company I dealt with for the Group buy.

I had a great experience with them.
    Not to mention that SRS is also a factory authorized Sordin repair shop.

Site Supporter
    No doubt the $40 price point comes with some compromises. For me anyway I never noticed too many issues like this with the HLs. I certainly prefer the Sordins by a long shot.
    Agree. For the price, I'm perfectly happy with the HLs. My Walker Quads are "better", but bulkier and don't work as well with rifle shooting as a result, so I tend to use the HLs for that purpose and save the Walkers for handgun-only trips.

Chris

One related suggestion. I added a padded band to my Sordins to add some comfort. I like having it:

U.S. Tactical Sewing USTS Advanced Modular Headset Cover (Multicam)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MWE2E6K..._MnU8BbVW9AC4Z

I have purchased several band covers from OC Tactical: http://www.octactical.com/hp2hearingprotection.html Excellent quality and service.

I've tried several passive muffs/plugs over the years and they usually work as intended, some obviously better than others. My first experience with active muffs was a set of wally-world Peltors. Mine did ok for a short while but nothing to brag about. A good friend of mine always has corrosion problems (Eastern North Carolina humidity) with his Peltors and removes the batteries monthly to check the contacts. I purchased a set of the aforementioned Sordins, with the gel cups, and haven't looked back. I took my two Peltor units back to wally-world for a return and turned them into ammo. I have nothing but good to say about the Sordins. I too paid in the $300 neighborhood but consider it money well spent although your mileage and opinion may vary.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Not to mention that SRS is also a factory authorized Sordin repair shop.
    The fact that SRS Tactical was based out of the US was kicked around in the Group Buy thread, if I recall correctly.

I’m no international sales expert, but I always had the sense that those low prices you see quoted in Euros from overseas suppliers of MSA Sordin products would not qualify for US Warranty claims.

Robert and Rusty and crew really took care of us.

If there is additional interest in another round of MSA Sordin group buys for Pistol-Forum, and it is still ok with @Tom_Jones, I’d be happy to ask SRS if they are interested in quoting prices to the membership here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    It is absolutely OK.
    Thanks Tom!

ALCON - Please see the Group Buy thread and bump it with a comment if interested in purchasing a pair of MSA Sordins.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Sordin-Ear-Pro

Rich

Wait, what?? Now you tell me after I made a purchase.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have the high end Peltor and the MSA Sordins. I have generally preferred the fit and comfort of the Peltors, but the Sordins have way, way better sound quality. Enough so, shooting Steel Challenge, my wife had trouble hearing hits with her Peltors but hears great with the Sordins.
    I've got inexpensive electronic muffs (Walker's Razor) and have never heard hits on steel with them on. Maybe I need to go back to my huge green non-electronic muffs for that.

Had a chance to use the Sordin Pro x today and they were great. Really muffles the sound of the shot, sounded weird at first. Very easy to pick up those not so easy to hear steel at distance. Really like them so far, much better than the HL Impacts. Thanks for the suggestion on these.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Buy them from next door Finland for $200 delivered.

https://www.lamnia.com/en/p/781/hunt...pro-x-earmuffs
    $226 in US dollars.

User Tag List