Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Silly Bumper Sticker could be liability...

The sticker in the OP just shows a lack of mature thinking. I wouldn't put it on my car.

That said, here's an OT story; back in my college days, I rented a house with some friends from my studio/major. One of the guys the house next door drove a then-brand new, state of the art, BMW 750il, which was a little pretentious for a guy his age. So was the guy. So, the day comes when I am standing at the cash wrap of the local college town bookstore, and I notice that they are blowing out these bumperstickers that say "live simply so that others may simply live..." for a buck a piece. White, with eco-green lettering. I buy 5 bucks worth. You know what bumper they went on, at 3am the next morning.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    I have a CERT sticker on my car. Helps me to not get towed during call-outs, or when parked in the FD zone at City Hall during events when I'm volunteering.

I'm still waiting for the first call to the Chief to report me for driving like a Yankee. I keep that in mind when I'm driving, usually.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    I've noticed three trucks at our matches with suspect decorations. One with a license that says MILITIA. The other is decorated with all kinds of kill them all stuff. Eric Lamberson had a picture of it on his blog as an example of what not to do but I didn't find it in a quick search. The guy who drives said truck is ready to build a house on the border to fight off MS-13 with his night vision sniper rifles. The last advertises a LTC school, not war like.

Karl Rehn told me that there was a rash of break in to cars in Austin years ago that had NRA stickers. They could have been at cars outside banned locations. Also, the TX CHL instructor school forbid carrying at class until the instructor cars were broke into outside the state building.

I just have an Alma Mater school sticker on my car.

At work, a person had a Darwin fish. It was vandalized and some rationalized the vandalism as the fish was insulting God. OH, well.

If it's a good shoot, it won't hurt you in court. Read that on the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    At work, a person had a Darwin fish. It was vandalized and some rationalized the vandalism as the fish was insulting God. OH, well.
    I lived in Seattle during the 2000 election. Cars with W bumperstickers were routinely vandalized, so Republicans switched to American flag stickers.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I saw a license plate one time that read HKMP5.

I prefer the grey man look as I tool around in my soccer mom van.

Site Supporter
    My license plate by chance has a combo of a SW and Glock model numbers. It helps me to remember them. Not my choice. You would have to be really wired in to even think of that.

I have to admit when I was Chair and had to renumber courses, some were 308 and 357.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 11-19-2018 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I have to admit when I was Chair and had to renumber courses, some were 308 and 357.
    I've taught: 303, 405, and 408

I certainly never remembered them as 303 British, 405 Winchester, 408 Cheytac

I have an uncle who is into vintage shotguns. His license plate says Model 12. Mine is the model number of a popular gun. No one besides gun people know what it means.
    I used to have a small Noveske sticker on my rear window, but I removed it. Not because I thought someone would vandalize my truck, but Because I just don’t like stickers on my rides in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Ryan View Post
    He should glue a little sand paper on next to it sorry the easily "triggered" could tuff'n up their skin a little.
    No one is triggered by it. Just pointing out the stupidity of people who put the "Look at me I'm a tough guy" stickers on vehicles.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I did think about asking for RULE303 as a plate. Thought better of it.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List