Lets see your 10mm pistols !

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1398
Size:  99.2 KB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1378
Size:  88.9 KB

I have two Glock 29 & Glock 20 SF

My carry ammo is Underwood 180gr GD or UW 200gr XTP .

S&W 1006...

Converted to decock only... slide milled for the TSW cut. Second picture shows an extended slide release, which I had made by a member on S&W Forum. And obviously... an FBI 15 round magazine.

No carry ammo, as I don’t currently carry it. Depending on the wildlife situation when I move to Maine, it might be put into that use.

One of those guns I won’t sell. Not because of it being so special to me, like my S&W 629-1 (my father gave me), but because I’ll never find another in as good of condition and for the price I paid. Was a few years back, but even had the guy who sold it to me ask to buy it back.

I need to add a 10mm to my stable.

Site Supporter
    My daily carry:
    --Jason--

I’ll take a moment to pose a question for those who EDC a 10mm; what drills have you run using the full power carry ammo?
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    For current production, are there any credible choices other than the Glocks, P220, and mid- to high-end 1911s?

Here's my impression:
    Glock 20: The cheapest, holds the most rounds. Low round count examples readily available even cheaper on GunBroker. Feels like grabbing a 2x4, even with XXXL hands. Possibly a good technical solution for a self-rescue device to haul around outdoors.

P220: Mid-price, includes all that's good about the P220. Vastly superior ergonomically to the G20. Steel frame is kinda heavy. Was redesigned to strengthen it for 10mm when production moved to the US. Holds fewer rounds, may have some reliability issues or need some tuning to run well with some ammo. Takedown lever shaft might have shortened life due to 10mm and steel frame inertia (amplifying what's observed with the P220 in high round count .45s). Available in finishes ranging from low-end BBQ gun to dirty camo.

1911s: People buy them because reasons.

Revolvers: People buy them because reasons.

Personally, my choice is .357M or .45 Super for any mission where 10mm looks like a good option, but that probably has more to do with what guns are available and what factory ammo is around than the cartridges themselves. A .41 or lighter-loaded .44 Magnum would also be excellent. But that's just me, and I'm not you.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I don't EDC a 10mm but I have run various drills, including the FAST, with my normal G-19 and my G-20. The only things that changed are the splits. Where a normal "Guarantee a hit on 8" at 7 yards" split may be a .25-.30 on a 9mm, the 10mm was .45-.50. I have no doubt that with a good deal of practice I could lower that time but never to 9mm levels.

For draws, the G-20 is physically bigger but no different than other Glocks, until the shot, when the greater recoil is evident.

I did not test transitions to a different target, I may make that one of my drills in the upcoming holiday practice time.

In my case, the ammo was a handloaded 180gr JHP at 1116 fps.

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    For current production, are there any credible choices other than the Glocks, P220, and mid- to high-end 1911s?
    Springfield XDm

https://www.springfield-armory.com/xdm-10mm-features/

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Grand Power P40 10mm.

I don't have their 10mm but I have a few 9mm Grand Powers and I like them quite a lot. If I was looking for a 10mm today, I'd be looking at the GP or a Dan Wesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I don’t know if I would call that option credible, now or in the future.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

User Tag List