Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Charter 41 Magnum revolver

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    That guns fails the Wuffo Test.
    Yeah, it does.

Just spent 2 minutes figuring out Wuffo and 15 watching skydiving clips. LOL.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    A whole lot of re-gripping going on. Looks like fun!
    Hard pass.

I don't really get the desire, unless the goal is accelerating the onset of arthritis.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Hard pass.

I don't really get the desire, unless the goal is accelerating the onset of arthritis.
    You don't want wrist x-rays like John Taffin?

I'm actually considering selling my Redhawk 44mag because the only thing it does that my 629 doesn't do is handle the hot and heavy rounds (think 300gr+ at 1200fps+). I simply do not have a desire to shoot that stuff anymore and much prefer my 38s, 32s, and 22s. I do have 100-200 rounds of buffalo stompers left loaded, so I suppose I'll shoot those up first to make sure I'm ok with the decision before I take action.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I do have 100-200 rounds of buffalo stompers left loaded, so I suppose I'll shoot those up first...
    So you're saying you'll still have the Redhawk five years from now? [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    So you're saying you'll still have the Redhawk five years from now? [emoji16]
    lol! At my current consumption rate, at least.

When I loaded them, that was 2-3 range trips with that gun.

Chris

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    This thread (and others) has me thinking about the .45 LC version of this gun.

Lots of cowboy ammo available as well as some more modern defensive loads.
    If they don't send a call tag by the year's end, I am going to spend my own money to send this thing back. There's no way I'd buy it; the company continues to design revolvers that they apparently don't mean for people to actually shoot much.

If you're going to do like the average American gun buyer and shoot a box of ammunition through it when you buy it and then throw it on the pile in the back of the safe, it's probably more than suited for the task.

Name:  XyYDh88ZSlGEJJm%mIc4XQ.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  69.4 KB
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    If they don't send a call tag by the year's end, I am going to spend my own money to send this thing back. There's no way I'd buy it; the company continues to design revolvers that they apparently don't mean for people to actually shoot much.

If you're going to do like the average American gun buyer and shoot a box of ammunition through it when you buy it and then throw it on the pile in the back of the safe, it's probably more than suited for the task.

Name:  XyYDh88ZSlGEJJm%mIc4XQ.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  69.4 KB
    So if I'm reading that right, the gun is broke, you've contacted them, and they aren't getting back to you with a plan to return it?

That falls into the "not missing an opportunity to miss an opportunity" category...
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    So if I'm reading that right, the gun is broke, you've contacted them, and they aren't getting back to you with a plan to return it?

That falls into the "not missing an opportunity to miss an opportunity" category...
    Or, it was sent to her for a review someone is not going to like...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post

No, it's a review gun.

What's wrong with it is that it's a Charter Arms revolver. It's had a few hundred rounds through it at this point, and while the trigger has smoothed considerably from the original dumpster fire, the gun is noticeably looser, too. (A very small amount, but having been down this road before, I know where it goes.)

Granted, this is probably already more shooting than 95% of any .45 Colt Bulldog XLs will ever see. Especially because people who buy $300 revolvers tend not to buy a lot of $40 boxes of ammo.
    Last edited by Tamara; 12-12-2018 at 08:33 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    No, it's a review gun.

What's wrong with it is that it's a Charter Arms revolver. It's had a few hundred rounds through it at this point, and while the trigger has smoothed considerably from the original dumpster fire, the gun is noticeably looser, too. (A very small amount, but having been down this road before, I know where it goes.)

Granted, this is probably already more shooting than 95% of any .45 Colt Bulldog XLs will ever see. Especially because people who buy $300 revolvers tend not to buy a lot of $40 boxes of ammo.
    Now I'm tracking. From their perspective, can you blame them for not wanting to spend good money shipping a revolver that probably has had over 50% of its service life used up?

Longer ago than I'd care to admit, I met a man in The Piggly Wiggly parking lot, and traded him an AMT Hardballer for a Charter Arms Bulldog Pug. The best thing I can say about the Pug is, unlike the AMT, it could be depended on to go bang five times in a row. The Pug was one of the two firearms I've owned in my life that I shot to the point of unserviceability, and it didn't take all that many rounds.

Both Charter and Taurus make guns, like small framed .44 Specials and .45 Colts that I wish Smith or Ruger would make, but there's probably a reason Smith or Ruger doesn't make them...
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List