Thread: GPSTC Semi-Auto III class

GPSTC Semi-Auto III class

I've mentioned the Georgia Public Safety Training Center Semi-Auto III course here a few times. It's a Rogers type range. They've changed the format of the course several times. My understanding that the current testing standard is based on a total number of plates out of 100 presentations.

Both times I went, shooters had to hit 80% of the freestyle plates to get a basic certificate. They then had to hit 80% of the strong hand only plated to get an intermediate followed by 80% of the support hand only plates for an advanced. Each one had to be achieved in order.

Anyway, somebody else posted a picture of the target array today; so, here it is:

I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    Is this the GPSTC in Macon?

That sounds like a ton of fun! I hope you have lots of folks taking advantage of that range, and the course.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Is this the GPSTC in Macon?
    GPSTC is in Forsyth, which is 25 minutes or so north of Macon.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    GPSTC is in Forsyth, which is 25 minutes or so north of Macon.
    For my purposes it may as well be Macon - closest bass pro.

Aren’t there other GPSTC campuses or are those just satellites of Forsyth ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    For my purposes it may as well be Macon - closest bass pro.

Aren’t there other GPSTC campuses or are those just satellites of Forsyth ?
    GPSTC is headquartered in Forsyth, and that's what people think of when referencing "GPSTC". GPSTC operates numerous regional police academies, and one them, oddly enough, is GPSTC-Forsyth, which was previously in Macon but moved to the main campus.

Having grown up in the area, I know better than to refer to Forsyth as Macon.
    Last edited by jlw; 11-16-2018 at 11:22 PM.

I've briefly shot on that range and it is awesome.....When I was there I was told that Georgia cops can train for free there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    I've briefly shot on that range and it is awesome.....When I was there I was told that Georgia cops can train for free there.
    That’s correct for the classes GPSTC is teaching, including ammo being provided. Lodging and meals used to be provided as well. Now there is a small charge.

User Tag List