Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Walther PPS M2 RECALL

Quote Originally Posted by BJXDS View Post
    What does the recall do?
    Why do some need the recall and others do not?

I have been unable to get any specifics at this point.

If you had the recall completed was there any difference in trigger pull?
    Have you read the Walther recall information page? It addresses two of your three questions. As to "why some and not others", I don't believe anyone knows, specifically, at least for now.

"Walther Arms, Inc. has recently discovered a potential safety issue with certain PPS M2 pistols. Walther is voluntarily initiating a recall to protect the safety of its customers because under certain conditions it is possible that some of these pistols may fire when dropped."

The recall was announced four days ago (Nov 18th), so nobody has had the recall completed. Per Walther, the lead time is 6-8 weeks from the date of receipt.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Have you read the Walther recall information page? It addresses two of your three questions. As to "why some and not others", I don't believe anyone knows, specifically, at least for now.

"Walther Arms, Inc. has recently discovered a potential safety issue with certain PPS M2 pistols. Walther is voluntarily initiating a recall to protect the safety of its customers because under certain conditions it is possible that some of these pistols may fire when dropped."

The recall was announced four days ago (Nov 18th), so nobody has had the recall completed. Per Walther, the lead time is 6-8 weeks from the date of receipt.
    Yes, I did read the recall. I understand the recall/upgrade/repair is to repair a potential safety issue. I should have been more specific with my question. I wanted to know if anyone knew specifically why some pistols were drop safe and others were not, and what was done to make the non drop safe pistols, now drop safe?

I read on another, what I consider credible forum, that some one had a pistol returned from the recall in about a week, and wanted to know by chance if anyone from PF had one returned as well.

When/if I receive specific credible information from Walther I will update, but thanks for providing the link to the Walther recall.

Yes, I did read the recall. I understand the recall/upgrade/repair is to repair a potential safety issue. I should have been more specific with my question. I wanted to know if anyone knew specifically why some pistols were drop safe and others were not, and what was done to make the non drop safe pistols, now drop safe?

I read on another, what I consider credible forum, that some one had a pistol returned from the recall in about a week, and wanted to know by chance if anyone from PF had one returned as well.

When/if I receive specific credible information from Walther I will update, but thanks for providing the link to the Walther recall.
    The only part being changed is the trigger safety on the trigger shoe. The fix takes about a minute and they don’t even need to field strip the guns. The 6-8 weeks is a way for Walther to cover their ass should they get all the guns back simultaneously. Other are reporting much faster turn around a and some have already had shipping confirmation of the gun being on the way back.

The only part being changed is the trigger safety on the trigger shoe. The fix takes about a minute and they don’t even need to field strip the guns. The 6-8 weeks is a way for Walther to cover their ass should they get all the guns back simultaneously. Other are reporting much faster turn around a and some have already had shipping confirmation of the gun being on the way back.

I got my PPS back this morning. I can't tell if there is much if anything different in the trigger pull. Either way a week is pretty damn good turn around time considering it is a holiday week.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    Like I told Wolfie it wasn't in the email it was on the page where you fill out the form to request the label.
    Thanks.

My wife's primary PPS M2 was affected by this recall. Shipped out via 2nd day on 11/29. Cost ~$5 for the medium box and a roll of bubble wrap. Received back via 2nd day @1630 on 12/12. Got a new chamber flag, too. I'm very pleased with Walther's handling of the whole deal.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Got my PPS back in One Week

I'm very impressed with the turnaround time and how Walther handled promoting the recall.

Academy has PPS M2s for sale at $299. I ran over an picked one up on my lunch break. Merry Christmas to me!

This one is not subject to the recall.

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

User Tag List