Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walther PPS M2 RECALL

Site Supporter
    I have to send both of mine in for the recall. They are nice shooting guns for their size. I plan on buying the PPQ SC

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I agree on Sig, but I think we would know more details of who, what, when and how often to evaluate their behavior. I am also interested in NH’s comment that Walther did something with sear support on the PPQ in 2018, as they have not notified previous owners of this issue.
    Got a link to that sear support discussion? I can’t seem to find it

Mine is included on the recall. I did the form got a label and dropped it off at Fedex on Saturday. Tracking says Walther got it Monday and I got notification today that they are already done with it and mailing it back to me. The tracking number they gave me says it's going to get here friday. That's a crazy good turn around time. To say I am impressed would be an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am also interested in NH’s comment that Walther did something with sear support on the PPQ in 2018, as they have not notified previous owners of this issue.
    https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...-resolved.html

Increased sear engagement to prevent striker release due to impact, but at the cost of some detectable creep. This is the bar used in my 5-inch M1 purchased earlier this year - I can NOT get the striker to release even hitting the pistol so hard with a rubber mallet that I send it flying. As a carry piece I'm keeping it this way.

Out of the box new, the trigger pull was horrendous. The trouble is a poorly-finished trigger bar where it cams the striker block plunger up into the firing position, and at the rear of the bar where it engages the sear assembly. Through normal use these areas smooth out, but the process can be expedited with some gentle burnishing of the surfaces and the application of lubricant. I can still deliberately induce creep at the wall with a painfully slow Bullseye squeeze, but short of that it now breaks cleanly.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    Mine is included on the recall. I did the form got a label and dropped it off at Fedex on Saturday. Tracking says Walther got it Monday and I got notification today that they are already done with it and mailing it back to me. The tracking number they gave me says it's going to get here friday. That's a crazy good turn around time. To say I am impressed would be an understatement.
    Did you receive the shipping label with the first email reply from Walther? I got a confirmation email but i cannot find a shipping label the last 4 times i looked.

The single action strikers aren't panning out.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFIE View Post
    Did you receive the shipping label with the first email reply from Walther? I got a confirmation email but i cannot find a shipping label the last 4 times i looked.

I have had the same experience. No shipping label appeared with the confirmation email that Walther sent me after I filled out the online recall form. I responded to that email with a request for a shipping label, but have received no response from Walther. Called and left a voice msg requesting a label but got no response to that either.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFIE View Post
    The shipping label didn't come in the email it was on the website. After I filled out the form I was taken to a page that had a small button to click that let me print the label. It was not very intuitive. That said Walther was very quick to email me when I asked them questions so were I you I'd email them and ask them about the label.

I emailed them Friday because the website said to remove all after market parts and I wanted to know if I was gonna have to pull the sights off my gun. I emailed them and heard back in a few hours that no need to remove the sights they just wanted me to send just the gun, no lights lasers, mags, etc so that's what I did, just the gun in a soft case I don't care if I ever see again wrapped in bubble wrap stuffed in a Medium sized Fedex Express shipping box.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtexan View Post
    I have had the same experience. No shipping label appeared with the confirmation email that Walther sent me after I filled out the online recall form. I responded to that email with a request for a shipping label, but have received no response from Walther. Called and left a voice msg requesting a label but got no response to that either.
    Like I told Wolfie it wasn't in the email it was on the page where you fill out the form to request the label.

What does the recall do?
    Why do some need the recall and others do not?

I have been unable to get any specifics at this point.

If you had the recall completed was there any difference in trigger pull?

User Tag List