Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: OG TDA

Site Supporter
    Name:  10082C0D-208D-496B-A185-5BF34596DAA2.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  44.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    Not just OG TDA but OG SRT. S&W did the Short reset trigger before sig knew what one was...
    Yeah, the reset on the S&Ws was fantastic.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    When I first came on we still qualified out to 50 yards with the 4506. No one ever failed because of the pistol.

The 3G models would also chamber a rock if you could get it in the magazine.
    Polite Professional

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    That's one of the things I remember most about the 3rd Gen S&W pistols.

I also remember the ones I owned, several 45 and several 9mm over the course of maybe 10 years, were always reliable. My wife's gun until very recently was a 457 converted to so-called DAO with tritium sights.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    That's one of the things I remember most about the 3rd Gen S&W pistols.

I also remember the ones I owned, several 45 and several 9mm over the course of maybe 10 years, were always reliable. My wife's gun until very recently was a 457 converted to so-called DAO with tritium sights.
    Mine will feed empty cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first duty gun was a 5906. Back then we had about 1,200 of them in the field.

For some reason, we went through extractors. I actually had one break on me when trying to shoot a dog that was trying to remove my arm from my body. Didn’t leave me with a warm feeling for the gun.

You could always spot a gun with a replacement extractor, as the replacement parts were blackish and an original was plated to match the color of the slide.

I always liked the reset on the 5906’s. Later production guns had really nice triggers.

The only 3rd gen gun I still own is my 3913 off-duty pistol. Loved that thing at the time. Though due to a lack of support for parts, it’s retired.

Hammertime
    Is there a definitive link or anything that can explain all these S&W numbers? Kind of like the Beretta chart from Lucky Gunner?

Edit: found it!

Thanks @LGChris

https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/g...omatic-models/

Hammertime
    Another question: are these all decocker/safety guns, or can they be run decocker only like a G Beretta?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Still is.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Another question: are these all decocker/safety guns, or can they be run decocker only like a G Beretta?
    There are true DAO, DAO with a slide reset, TDA with a safety/decocker, TDA with a decock only lever, and TDA with a SIG-type decock lever.

User Tag List