Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: OG TDA

My first duty gun was a 5906, followed by a 4006. I had zero issues with both. Great guns. The 4006 was nice to have on a particularly bad day at work.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Well, since we're playing that game...

Name:  image2.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  53.4 KB

I still want a 4506-1. With the adjustable sights. And a 5906.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Attachment 32405

I would absolutely walk the earth with this thing. It certainly passed the test that most around here consider significant...
    Is that your 5906?

Banned
    The first handgun I ever bought was a S&W model 915. I bought it the day I ETSd. It's the only gun I regret selling. I remember it being pretty close to the size of my Glock 19.

If I had the discretionary income I'd buy another but I can't afford a range toy.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Is that your 5906?
    Yes.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    My first duty gun was a 4506-1, I still have it (bought it when we transitioned to plastic). I also carried/owned a 915 and a 908s. Sold both of those off, still kind of miss the 908. For a bargain pistol, it shot really well.

I don’t shoot it very much anymore, parts, and people to work on them, are getting scarcer.
    Polite Professional

Site Supporter
    Not just OG TDA but OG SRT. S&W did the Short reset trigger before sig knew what one was...

The 3913 and it's plain jane cousin the 908 are great guns.

We issued 3906s to folks who couldn't wrap their mitts around a double stack and those were REALLY nice guns as well. I actually liked the way they sat in my hand (and I have big hands) better than the double stack guns.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    We issued 3913s for the same reason to the folks that couldn't get their mitts around a beretta vertec. Most kept the 3913s until just last year transitioning to the Glock 17. A lot of our admin kept the 3913 when they retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    The 3913 and it's plain jane cousin the 908 are great guns.

We issued 3906s to folks who couldn't wrap their mitts around a double stack and those were REALLY nice guns as well. I actually liked the way they sat in my hand (and I have big hands) better than the double stack guns.

Site Supporter
    First issued duty gun was a S&W 669. When received it was well loved but ran great. After about 3 years we went to the 4566. Was issued a Glock about 3 years after that and have been with them ever since. I do miss the TDA guns.

User Tag List