Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: OG TDA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post

... I wish badly Smith still made the 3913/3953 type guns. A 3953 would be like a little magazine fed j frame for me and if a special run was made I'd probably find a way to get three. I know, I know, there's the Shield and G43. Tried both of them. Went back to the revolvers. I'd still give a 3953 a go.
    I’m your huckleberry:
    Name:  FAE77830-36E2-4ACB-98EF-00C794655F61.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  34.7 KB
    Name:  A417D41B-6B61-4B59-8F1E-185E03C55CD3.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  30.2 KB
    Unfortunately, they aren’t really analogues. The 3953/3913 are bigger and heavier, and not really pocket guns. They are slim, comfortable, good shooters, and easy to carry, but an airweight jframe carries in a pocket or ankle or Smartcarry a heck of a lot easier. Belt or shoulder holster, let’s get one of the 39xx guns out.

I find it hilarious that people think a resurrected 3rd Gen S&W would sell to anyone other than 9 regular posters on Pistol-forum.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    I find it hilarious that people think a resurrected 3rd Gen S&W would sell to anyone other than 9 regular posters on Pistol-forum.
    What makes it so blatantly obvious to you that it wouldn't?

Certainly it's not the fact that many thousands of DA/SA guns are sold each year, from all major manufacturers... except Smith & Wesson. And Glock. Or the fact that there's no shortage of threads, on multiple forums, about the lack of small, single stack DA/SA 9s on the market. I mean, Springfield did it. But I don't think the XDE is high-end enough to appeal to the crowd who really wants this kind of a thing. I tend to think we get hung up on this fatalistic notion that DA/SA is dead or dying--there's still a shit ton of crunchentickers sold every year. Look at H&K. They didn't have a striker fired gun until 2014. CZ didn't until the P10c, like, 2 years ago.

If Smith did it right, it would sell. And it would sell well.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Exactly. Since $1,000 is likely the minimum price S&W could sell it for at a profit, the idea is DOA.
    We can look at the S&W Classic line of revolvers and see what the MSRP is. I know on the street the price would be cheaper, but still expensive. The classic line gives us insight into pricing by S&W. Dan Wesson is making their revolver again and it's expensive. It's difficult to compete against polymer.

Site Supporter
    Love em. Especially the 3913s. Wish I shot them better.
    Name:  IMG_20181119_094127.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  56.3 KB

I've had a bunch of Smith TDA guns. Most are gone, but still have a few, in 9mm, 10mm and .45.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Rock185 View Post
    I've had a bunch of Smith TDA guns. Most are gone, but still have a few, in 9mm, 10mm and .45.

is that a DPA5906 and the black one is a 4566 PC?
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

SW CQB 45, Yes, 4" and 5" DPA 5906s. I sold my all stainless 4566 CQB. The one in the photo is the alloy framed 4563 CQB version.

Cool. I am slipping. Been out of the PC game for a while.

Is the bottom one a frame mounted decocker 10mm (1026?)
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post

20th Century... You had to have been there.

It was my original duty pistol.
    Was my first issued duty gun as well. Carried a G22 when I was part time. Took me a time to adjust to the Smith! Recently acquired a buddy's original duty weapon, a 645. The differences between the generations are interesting.

User Tag List