Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OG TDA

OG TDA

20th Century... You had to have been there.

It was my original duty pistol.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Nice pistol, Chief. I fondly remember the Smith and Wesson "Gun of the Week.

There is a big part of me that regrets parting with my 4566.

Site Supporter
    9mm or .40 ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    9mm or .40 ?
    .40 (4006)
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I was issued a 5906 for 16 years. I bought it when we traded them for M&Ps. I'd shoot it more if parts were more available.

Banned
    The only TDA as well as the only non 9MM I own.

4006. I paid 200 bucks for it.
    Last edited by Cypher; 11-15-2018 at 11:14 PM.

Name:  IMG_0144.jpg
Views: 1256
Size:  45.4 KB

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Name:  IMG_1764.jpg
Views: 1313
Size:  77.5 KB

I would absolutely walk the earth with this thing. It certainly passed the test that most around here consider significant...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Well look at this, a S&W semi auto thread.

It’d be ungentlemanly to pass up sharing my 645.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    I just shot a steel match this Saturday with a stock 6904. I usually shoot my PX4CC... but its rear sight is currently on backwards (Gunsmith much?) and I don't have enough mags for my other guns. So, I grabbed the 6904.

I couldn't believe how much better I shot in DA. Never missed a plate. And while I go faster with the PX4 in SA, my DA hit percentage is much lower.

The 3rd gens are on point with their DA trigger game. My 6904's trigger is smooth and consistent with zero stacking. And it doesn't jostle the gun off target when the hammer falls (there was a recent thread on this). That 6904 has been a great gun since I got it (off the S&W forum) almost 3 years ago. I shoot it well. Carry it from time to time. It's always reliable. It even saved my dog's life out on the trails one day.

User Tag List