Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OG TDA

Ignore the Beretta. (Unless we want to talk other DA guns. I have a bunch)

4506-1

3914(sold. Also the only one that wasn't a cop gun in a past life.)

Pair of 4006 TSW's (sold the bottom one)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Another question: are these all decocker/safety guns, or can they be run decocker only like a G Beretta?
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    There are true DAO, DAO with a slide reset, TDA with a safety/decocker, TDA with a decock only lever, and TDA with a SIG-type decock lever.
    The TSW models could be converted with to a G type decock only model with the addition of a spring under the left side decocking lever, but I can't vouch for that spring still being available as the pistols have been out of production for over a decade. Non-TSW models aren't convertible.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    The TSW models could be converted with to a G type decock only model with the addition of a spring under the left side decocking lever, but I can't vouch for that spring still being available as the pistols have been out of production for over a decade. Non-TSW models aren't convertible.
    This is the only practical drawback to the pieces these days. Correspondence with S&W yielded news that any repair requiring a new frame or slide meant a deadlined pistol & an M&P voucher due to lack of parts. Small parts are available, but factory stock is uncertain.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    This is the only practical drawback to the pieces these days. Correspondence with S&W yielded news that any repair requiring a new frame or slide meant a deadlined pistol & an M&P voucher due to lack of parts. Small parts are available, but factory stock is uncertain.
    I'd try to negotiate that M&P nonsense to a revolver. At least an M&P 340 or M&P R8.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

It’s safe to say I’m a 3rd Generation Smith fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duty carry

1998-2008

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    duty carry

1998-2008

Way to rock them 1076 grips.

Site Supporter
    It's my understanding that SW had a lighter weight DAO style trigger available for the 3rd gen series. Like in the 4586.

What is that trigger like?

The palm swell 1076 grips were my favorite. SW delrin grips needed traction though.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    We really weren't planning to switch to Glock when we did. In fact, we were about to place an order for 15 more 4006s.

The agency sent me to an armorer class, and I received a special purchase certificate for any pistol at the wholesale cost. This was as S&W was rolling out the M&P. I called the number on the certificate to order a 5906TSW and was told that the third generation pistols had been discontinued. I spoke with our area LE sales rep and learned that S&W had 22 4006s in the vault left over from a recent CHP order. The sales guy told me the only way any more would be produced would be for a contract order to make it worthwhile and that if we wanted more 4006s we had better order them quickly.

The chief authorized me to begin evaluating other options. I did a T&E on the M&P, but we ultimately went to Glock.

The vouchering for M&Ps was an eventuality.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

User Tag List