Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W Performance Center Model 67 3" with F Comp

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I traded a bottle of whisky for this:

Attachment 32393

New in box, with all the paperwork and a set of Ahrends grips. It does have that accursed lock, but I have a spare plug that will fix that issue.

I'm debating bobbing the hammer, but I'll likely just leave it exactly as is.

And the guy I bought it from has its twin Model 66 - same 3" blackened stainless with the comp and Performance Center tuning, but in .357 Magnum. That one will be mine, but will cost me two bottles of whisky.
    This very fine revolver will soon become an heirloom. Having operated on many fine Smiths and thereby reducing their value, I urge you to leave the hammer as is. Now I'm spending your money when I say that the factory might convert it to double action only. When a hammer is bobbed without deleting the single action notch, one can still cock it if he tries hard enough. But, there is no spur left to decock it. I write this not so much for you who probably has known this information for years. Instead I'm sharing with the forum.

Yes, my cunning plan (in my best Blackadder voice) was IF I decide to do something with it, was to send it back to the Performance Center, and have them fit a factory DAO trigger.

Then keep the trigger that is in it now. Who knows?

With both the 66 and 67, I'll probably just leave them as is. With the exception of shooting the poop out of them. I love wheelguns, and buy them to shoot.

I'll have both of these at next year's Revolver Roundup, of course.

User Tag List