Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&W Performance Center Model 67 3" with F Comp

S&W Performance Center Model 67 3" with F Comp

I traded a bottle of whisky for this:

Name:  67PC-comp.jpg
Views: 1371
Size:  70.1 KB

New in box, with all the paperwork and a set of Ahrends grips. It does have that accursed lock, but I have a spare plug that will fix that issue.

I'm debating bobbing the hammer, but I'll likely just leave it exactly as is.

And the guy I bought it from has its twin Model 66 - same 3" blackened stainless with the comp and Performance Center tuning, but in .357 Magnum. That one will be mine, but will cost me two bottles of whisky.

The gun is nice, but I wanna know about this bottle of whisky

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    The gun is nice, but I wanna know about this bottle of whisky
    Yeah, that must have been a good bottle.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Yeah, that must have been a good bottle.
    Pappy Van Winkle maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by cathellsk View Post
    Pappy Van Winkle maybe?
    I'm honestly not a huge Pappy fan. If I had a bottle, I'd sell it and invest the money.

I had to go to the bank and open a safety deposit box for this trade. I had an 18-year-old bottle of The Yamazaki, signed by Shingo Torii himself. I was in Osaka years ago, and was able to snag it from him. An old friend from the JGSDF made the introduction.

The next trade is two bottles of whisky for the Model 66, a Winchester Trapper .357 lever action, and a Kimber 82 Government .22 rifle still in the CMP box. I've checked out the Winchester, and it's mint. We still have to check out the Kimber and Model 66.

Site Supporter
    Nice trades!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I'm honestly not a huge Pappy fan. If I had a bottle, I'd sell it and invest the money.

I had to go to the bank and open a safety deposit box for this trade. I had an 18-year-old bottle of The Yamazaki, signed by Shingo Torii himself. I was in Osaka years ago, and was able to snag it from him. An old friend from the JGSDF made the introduction.

The next trade is two bottles of whisky for the Model 66, a Winchester Trapper .357 lever action, and a Kimber 82 Government .22 rifle still in the CMP box. I've checked out the Winchester, and it's mint. We still have to check out the Kimber and Model 66.
    I've had the $100 range Yamazaki. Just incredibly good.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Winchester Trapper .357 lever action
    I had one of these years ago (2000-2005ish) and wasn't overly impressed with it. Beautiful gun and fun to shoot with 38s, but wasn't very accurate with full power 357mag loads. I traded it for a TC Contender. Wish I had kept it as those Trappers go for a pretty penny these days.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I've had the $100 range Yamazaki. Just incredibly good.
    I try and snag a bottle of 12-year-old whenever I see one. A lot of the Japanese whisky's are under-appreciated.

I am trying to work a deal for a bottle of the 25-year-old.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I had one of these years ago (2000-2005ish) and wasn't overly impressed with it. Beautiful gun and fun to shoot with 38s, but wasn't very accurate with full power 357mag loads. I traded it for a TC Contender. Wish I had kept it as those Trappers go for a pretty penny these days.

Chris
    It is going to be a gift to my godson. It is a light and handy little carbine, and will be a fun gun likely shooting 125-grain reloads at paper targets, rabbits, raccoons, etc.

I am debating bringing it to TacCon for Chief Weems' lever gun class. Just for funsies.

User Tag List