Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: De facto registry?

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet, so here goes.

Worth the watch.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bnoFKskvSq4
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    As long as we're chewing on all the angles of this, the financial aspects of the Australian gun buyback are interesting.

About a year and a half, maybe two years in, they had spent ~$360M AUS on the program. People were turning in "nest egg" collections with multiple pieces easily worth four figures, getting $200 AUS for them. The "takings" aspect of it was significant. That got them an estimated 30 percent of the existing stock
    The gun buyback programs have always sounded like a joke to me. Giving $100-$200 for a firearm, functioning or not. Pretty sure a number of us on this forum could come up with some non functioning / unwanted pieces to turn in. The financial drain on the taxpayers, and the zero impact on crime would be the perfect .Gov program. Let's say for instance, I have an old H&R revolver that is sitting unused because it has a broken spring I either can't source, or don't want to bother with. Taking the cash or gift card, has more value than the firearm. Turning it in has zero impact on crime. I guess the argument could be made that it still could be used in the commission of a crime, after it was stolen...
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    Despite attempts at reasoning with the tinfoil people on our side. you still occasionally have to deal with idiots like CA Dem congressman Eric Swalwell This is the guy who wants an mandatory buy back of so called “Assault Rifles” for a maximum of $1,000 each followed by active seizure and felony prosecution of the non compliant. When challenged on this online, the good congressman threatened to use nuclear weapons on any of his fellow citizens who resisted.

Name:  1CB1635D-4FE7-47B0-A756-92EC0568BA4F.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  45.8 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 11-17-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Well Eric, remember April 30, 1945.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Indeed. The chief one being what happens when a community of gun owners goes tribal. The shooting community in Australia decided the opinions of “those city people” didn’t matter. One day the old and grey gunnies woke up and realized a generation of hoplophobes ruled their country.
    I read this and thought of Georgia. The state, not the country.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I read this and thought of Georgia. The state, not the country.
    I think a bigger issue in ATL is migration both foreign and domestic.

Site Supporter
    Post deleted.
    Last edited by 11B10; 11-17-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I think a bigger issue in ATL is migration both foreign and domestic.
    Yes. But I also fear complacency and a tendency to underestimate ATL's influence on state politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    *does quick search on posts by "CG12"*
    *puts bump stock back on "IGNORE" button*
    *block-block-block-blockity-block*

I hate Illinois Nazis. Especially pusillanimous ones who hide behind pseudonyms and oblique, parenthetical statements.
    That. I hadn’t forgotten.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Yes. But I also fear complacency and a tendency to underestimate ATL's influence on state politics.
    I was born in Savannah and went to Georgia Tech. I am a native Georgian. Career took me to Atlanta - I work for a large corporation HQ'd downtown Atlanta and I swear it seems like I am the only person in that building actually from Georgia. The continuing growth of Atlanta by "immigration" from other states will overwhelm the Georgia that I grew up in.

User Tag List