Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HiTS Steyr AUG asymetric carbine course-2019

HiTS Steyr AUG asymetric carbine course-2019

I will be conducting an AUG specific class in the spring of 2019. Likely April and in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. The plan is for an easy paced two day course. The goal will be to get students to understand the benefits of the AUG rifles and maximize them and to understand the negative features and how to work around them. By specializing the material to what Pat Rogers called the Asymetric Carbine, students will get directed instruction on their rifle rather than trying to attend an AR based course and left to figure things out for themselves.
    For those looking to acquire guns and accessories. I HIGHLY recommend PJ’s Steyr AUG as Pete has a very long history not just selling guns but being able to support them post sale. I recommend the new AUG A3 M1 with a rail and either a high quality low power variable or Aimpoint. Mounting optics behind the bolt locking notch is recommended. For aftermarket accessories I can recommend Corvus Defensio without hesitation. The owner is likely the top subject matter expert on the planet on running and supporting the AUG platform.
    If you are planning on running a suppressed gun, do some extensive research. Just throwing a suppresor on the end of an AUG barrel is not a recipe for success. I also prefer guns that take AUG specific magazines rather than using NATO stocks to take AR pattern magazines.
    Hope this helps and stand by for final dates and location.
    Darryl Bolke-HiTS
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I'm in! Thanks for doing this DB!

Site Supporter
    If it’s in TX I’m in.

Site Supporter
    I’m in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in! How do we arrange payment? Lastly BBQ should be part of the course syllabus.

Site Supporter
    I’m in

Another Txn that'll mosey over for this.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    As much as I would like to use this class as an excuse to drop $2K on another rifle, I'm afraid I can't. However, if someone has a loaner available, I'll happily sign up.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I'm in, gives me time to stock up on ammo and mags.

Oh, and buy a rifle and suppressor as well.

Did Darryl specify how many .38 cartridges are necessary for the transitions to the revolver?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List