Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday Deals

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I was surprised this didn’t exist already.]
    Well...

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....k-Friday-Deals
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Damn. I must be blind. I even searched and only saw the 2017 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Thanks for the link. Trying to find a TV that handles motion blurring. Ill have to read up on this one. If i find a better option ill post it up to tempt you.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    I'm in the market after our recent Samsung Customer Disservice Experience from Costco. I will never buy another Samsung product as long as I live.

What are the aspects of TVs that reduce blurring?

I'm not a TV nerd, but am generally familiar with electronics. We are looking at at least 65" possible larger if budget can stretch, 4K because why not.

I am seeing big jumps in price from 120Hz refresh (say $800) to 240Hz refresh ($3,000+). Can anyone elaborate on whether refresh rate or some other marketing BS term is worth such a big jump in price?

I do have to confess after staring at the more expensive (240) units at the Box Stores, I could tell they were "better" (subjective) to me than the cheaper (120) sets.

Vending Machine Operator
    Amazon has the Kershaw Blur in S30V for $54 today and the standard Blur for $35-40.

I already had a blue Blur in the standard Sanvik but I got the S30V model. They are great knives and it's normally about $75-80 on Amazon with an MSRP of $150 or so. Great deal.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I'm in the market after our recent Samsung Customer Disservice Experience from Costco. I will never buy another Samsung product as long as I live.

What are the aspects of TVs that reduce blurring?

I'm not a TV nerd, but am generally familiar with electronics. We are looking at at least 65" possible larger if budget can stretch, 4K because why not.

I am seeing big jumps in price from 120Hz refresh (say $800) to 240Hz refresh ($3,000+). Can anyone elaborate on whether refresh rate or some other marketing BS term is worth such a big jump in price?

I do have to confess after staring at the more expensive (240) units at the Box Stores, I could tell they were "better" (subjective) to me than the cheaper (120) sets.
    High refresh rate is what deals with the blur from what I understand. Also get something with a lot of lighting zones.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post

Some brands advertise 120 when it’s only native 60. I actually prefer native 120 to 240, so certainly the extra cost isn’t worth it to me. And I am a tv geek/user and heavy gamer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Damn, I’m still rocking an 8yo 50” Samsung LCD. No problems and doesnt blur even with PS4, unlike my even older plasma. I just keep that plasma set up in the basement to have the ball game on in the background though. Top of the line when I got it, and I couldn’t give it away now.

Believe it or not, I’m all set up with “gun stuff” but I may convince myself I need a 10.5” upper if PSA is giving them away.

Eventbrite Code: BLACKFRIDAY

20% discount all 2019 PSC events

Starts: November 22 12:15 AM

Ends: November 26 11:45 PM

https://www.eventbrite.com/o/protect...ts-14065411466

Rich, I am going to get a series 6 TCL. It seems to be the best value for a 55 to 65 inch tv without getting into stupid high prices. If you have a 3k buget go get an LG OLED.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I thought this was a gun forum.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List