Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: P-F AUG Group Purchase...?

Trying to buy my nephews but if that doesn't pan out I'm interested as well.

Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I don’t know him, or if he’d be interested, but it seems like seeing if PJ the Steyr AUG guru could help get at batch of the right configuration together would be a good start.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I need an AUGM1GRNH2

Let's make it happen.
    I’m good with this ^^^

The configuration (16” barrel, H2 rail) is the easy part. The color will be harder. I’m a fan of OD in general and for AUGs in particular. YMMV.

I'm interested, depending on the final configuration. I'm mostly interested in the version with the 3x optic, because I'd like to use it for hog hunting and the way it is setup is ideal for mounting a MRDS right on top of the 3X for close in work.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I'm interested, depending on the final configuration. I'm mostly interested in the version with the 3x optic, because I'd like to use it for hog hunting and the way it is setup is ideal for mounting a MRDS right on top of the 3X for close in work.
    You can swap out the top rails. My understanding is the Steyr 3x optic requires the “high” HK height rail.

You may be better off swapping the AR height rail for the new Midwest industries MLOK rail which is also HK height.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You can swap out the top rails. My understanding is the Steyr 3x optic requires the “high” HK height rail.

You may be better off swapping the AR height rail for the new Midwest industries MLOK rail which is also HK height.
    Right, I'm definitely aware of the rail swapping and height differences. The problem is the Steyr 3X optic is ~450-500 bucks on its own. If a group buy can get me that initial configuration down in price it makes it worth it to me. Otherwise, I'll be another 500+ in on an LPV setup and at that point, cash wise. Which will probably push me over the edge into a bigger caliber platform.

Now if Steyr would release a .300BLK barrel, I could be convinced.

Anyways, this is my way of saying, I'm interested, but want to see the final configuration, because I have multiple balls in the air.

I was thinking of reaching out to Pete Athens if there’s enough interest here.

So it looks like so far we have 6 interested including myself, and 2 possibles so far.

If we can hit ten, I’ll reach out to Pete.

Those in:

HCM

LOKNLOAD

Poconnor

Amurr

helothar

Possibly:

RevolverRob

OldRunner/CSATneighbor

As far as configuration - rails are rails. I don’t know that everyone is going to agree on a rail configuration, so how about getting the rifles stripped, and then adding whatever rails one desires?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    So it looks like so far we have 6 interested including myself, and 2 possibles so far.

If we can hit ten, I’ll reach out to Pete.

Those in:

HCM

LOKNLOAD

Poconnor

Amurr

helothar

Possibly:

RevolverRob

OldRunner/CSATneighbor

As far as configuration - rails are rails. I don’t know that everyone is going to agree on a rail configuration, so how about getting the rifles stripped, and then adding whatever rails one desires?

If Pete could do that it might be best.

User Tag List