Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P-F AUG Group Purchase...?

P-F AUG Group Purchase...?

After it was mentioned in the AUG thread. I figured I’d start another thread (hopefully a little easier to follow than various replies in the other one) and see how much interest there actually is, and what it’ll take to pull it off.

I doubt it's possible to get an AUG down to a low enough price for me to be able to afford being involved, but I'll definitely be jealous if you make it happen.

Site Supporter
    I’m interested. Correct me If I’m wrong; but the new M1 with the long rail allows you to use AR height mounts so you can swap optics back and forth to an AR? I have a T1 on my M3. I’ve been wanting to set one up with a 1-6 scope
    Last edited by Poconnor; 11-15-2018 at 08:51 AM.

I have interest...

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I’m interested. Correct me If I’m wrong; but the new M1 with the long rail allows you to use AR height mounts so you can swap optics back and forth to an AR? I have a T1 on my M3. I’ve been wanting to set one up with a 1-6 scope
    I believe that one needs HK height irons and optics mounts in order to have AR height over bore and a good cheek-weld.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Correct, I’m using an ADM modular mount for my T1, the middle section is HK height. IIRC

I need an AUGM1GRNH2

Let's make it happen.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

The proper optic height is confusing with these rifles because of the names of the rail options IMO.

The "Long" rail is also known as the "High" rail and looks like the one below. It is supposed to work best with HK height optics and irons.

The newest option is the "Extended" rail and is supposed to work with AR height optics/irons. It looks like this.

There is also a "Short" rail option.

And I have no idea what this is called.... lol!

I'm trying to confirm that the new Midwest Industries rail is the same height as the "High/Long" rail so I know what height optics/irons I will need. I may just get it and try some different options.

They show it here with an AR height mount and it looks too tall to me, but hell we now have 1.93" high mounts to accommodate lasers, so I can't keep up with the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    The proper optic height is confusing with these rifles because of the names of the rail options IMO.
    I've been shopping these on gun.deals a while. From what I've deciphered, when looking at the SKU, the last letters dictate the rail type. The stock photo only matches the part number about half the time.
    Using Steyr's nomenclature:
    "H" is the high rail.
    "S" is the short rail.
    "H2" is the extended rail. (I think this is the best one)

That helps if you're out there shopping the interwebs.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I'm interested. My preference is green with extended rail

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by helothar; 11-15-2018 at 10:37 AM.

User Tag List