Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S&W 66 4" OWB Holster - Christmas gift for my Wife

Site Supporter

S&W 66 4" OWB Holster - Christmas gift for my Wife

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I need to procure an OWB holster for my wife, as she casually dropped the fact that she would like to have her pistol with her while berry picking. The only thing she specified was "not like yours", referring to my JMCK IWB holsters. Her pistol is a 4" 66-5. It can be plastic or leather. Nothing fancy, as it's going to be abused by the wicked blackberries. It will have to be a "convenient" holster, because she's not going to tolerate or practice with anything that is a PITA to reholster. Because I could see it mattering for comfort, she's a curvy 5' 1" and 120 lbs. The only reason I'm willing to say this is because I don't think she'll ever read this. Obviously, being able to have it by December 20th is ideal, but her birthday is in early January. So, what are your recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Toonces

After DB posted a pic of his, I had to pick up a Tucker HF3 for my GP100 Wiley Clapp. Very well made and comfortable to wear. If you don’t order any extra accoutrements it should be in by then.

https://tuckergunleather.com/hf3-revolver-holster/

Check Simply Rugged for various leather holster styles.

I've been toting the woodsbumming GP100 in a Bianchi Cyclone and have been quite pleased with it.
    Last edited by Lester Polfus; 11-14-2018 at 10:09 PM.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Will it be concealed?

If not - something like the Comp-Tac designed for IDPA would probably work fine - https://comp-tac.com/international-h...ster-comp-tac/

Quote Originally Posted by S Jenks View Post
    After DB posted a pic of his, I had to pick up a Tucker HF3 for my GP100 Wiley Clapp. Very well made and comfortable to wear. If you don’t order any extra accoutrements it should be in by then.

https://tuckergunleather.com/hf3-revolver-holster/
    I am a big fan of Tucker and Byrd. Great guys, and I own two of their holsters.

Site Supporter
    https://www.amazon.com/Safariland-Cu.../dp/B00LVV865S

Safariland 568 - med revolver version.

Nice thing is if the paddle doesn’t work you can swap it for any of the Safariland belt loops including their version of the Tek-lok.

Name:  58F3DCAD-4536-449F-99C7-DED22BE005C7.jpeg
Views: 414
Size:  25.9 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 11-15-2018 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
    Ladies & Gentlemen,

I need to procure an OWB holster for my wife, as she casually dropped the fact that she would like to have her pistol with her while berry picking. The only thing she specified was "not like yours", referring to my JMCK IWB holsters. Her pistol is a 4" 66-5. It can be plastic or leather. Nothing fancy, as it's going to be abused by the wicked blackberries. It will have to be a "convenient" holster, because she's not going to tolerate or practice with anything that is a PITA to reholster. Because I could see it mattering for comfort, she's a curvy 5' 1" and 120 lbs. The only reason I'm willing to say this is because I don't think she'll ever read this. Obviously, being able to have it by December 20th is ideal, but her birthday is in early January. So, what are your recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Toonces

Specifically for the reasons highlighted above, I would recommend a PMK holster from Milt Sparks.

Tony Kanaley the former owner designed it for his bride Pam (Hence the holster initials).

Here is their description:

This holster carries the initials of Tony Kanaley's wife. Tony originally designed it to help keep the grip of his wife's Detective Special from digging into her ribcage. The PMK is similar in appearance to our 55BN model but allows the gun to sit a bit lower on the belt.

One other option, and I would discuss it with her first might be a "Tanker" holster. Maybe ask her if she would consider wearing a holster like a purse, and show her the El Paso Saddlery rigs.

I have an EPS Tanker built for a 5" N Frames, but I have found that it fits K frames fine too, so it is a pretty versatile piece of gear, and it can be worn over a coat, or under, yet easily accessed, which can be rather critical. In colder weather such a rig may be easier to get to in an emergency, it simply depends on the circumstances.

CHEERS!

For an easy to carry woods gun? Elpasso saddlery. Check eBay for some killer deals.
    Name:  KIMG0899.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  69.8 KB

User Tag List