Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S&W 66 4" OWB Holster - Christmas gift for my Wife

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Specifically for the reasons highlighted above, I would recommend a PMK holster from Milt Sparks.

Tony Kanaley the former owner designed it for his bride Pam (Hence the holster initials).

Here is their description:

This holster carries the initials of Tony Kanaley's wife. Tony originally designed it to help keep the grip of his wife's Detective Special from digging into her ribcage. The PMK is similar in appearance to our 55BN model but allows the gun to sit a bit lower on the belt.

One other option, and I would discuss it with her first might be a "Tanker" holster. Maybe ask her if she would consider wearing a holster like a purse, and show her the El Paso Saddlery rigs.

I have an EPS Tanker built for a 5" N Frames, but I have found that it fits K frames fine too, so it is a pretty versatile piece of gear, and it can be worn over a coat, or under, yet easily accessed, which can be rather critical. In colder weather such a rig may be easier to get to in an emergency, it simply depends on the circumstances.

CHEERS!
    If that Tanker rig would fit a 5” Classic 629 with the full lug barrel, would you mind posting a pic of it in use?

Site Supporter
    Take a look at the FIST lady’s holsters. They are custom made to the measurements of the wearer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I like Kramer's belt scabbard for DA revolvers, but I'm not sure if it would work with 'curvy'. That Sparks seems like a really good choice.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I like Kramer's belt scabbard for DA revolvers, but I'm not sure if it would work with 'curvy'. That Sparks seems like a really good choice.
    Kramer makes a specific women's model.

https://www.kramerleather.com/collec...rd-gun-holster

Quote Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
    Her pistol is a 4" 66-5... she's a curvy 5' 1" and 120 lbs.
    Specifically for the reasons highlighted above, I would recommend a PMK holster from Milt Sparks.
    Made for a woman, but I like em too...
    I have a couple of them, 3" SP-101 and 4" M-19, and I am sorta curvy for the wrong reasons, and I think they are really great. Don't use them all that much because I always seem to end up using the Summer Specials I have for the same guns.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    If that Tanker rig would fit a 5” Classic 629 with the full lug barrel, would you mind posting a pic of it in use?

Thanks! That does look handy. I checked their website and it's not as expensive as I would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Safariland-Cu.../dp/B00LVV865S

Safariland 568 - med revolver version.

Nice thing is if the paddle doesn’t work you can swap it for any of the Safariland belt loops including their version of the Tek-lok.

Attachment 32368

HCM beat me to it.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Safariland-Cu.../dp/B00LVV865S

Safariland 568 - med revolver version.

Nice thing is if the paddle doesn’t work you can swap it for any of the Safariland belt loops including their version of the Tek-lok.

Attachment 32368
    Is there a difference between the 568 vs 567 vs 569? Or is that the same holster with different mountings? She's not going to mess with a paddle. The clip on the 569 looks to be more her speed.

http://www.safariland.com/products/h...#q=569&start=1

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Will it be concealed? /
    No, not intentionally. It might get covered with a shirt or Carhartt to help protect from blackberry thorns, but it's not going into town in this holster.

Tony Kanaley the former owner designed it for his bride Pam (Hence the holster initials).

Here is their description:

This holster carries the initials of Tony Kanaley's wife. Tony originally designed it to help keep the grip of his wife's Detective Special from digging into her ribcage. The PMK is similar in appearance to our 55BN model but allows the gun to sit a bit lower on the belt.

One other option, and I would discuss it with her first might be a "Tanker" holster. Maybe ask her if she would consider wearing a holster like a purse, and show her the El Paso Saddlery rigs.

I have an EPS Tanker built for a 5" N Frames, but I have found that it fits K frames fine too, so it is a pretty versatile piece of gear, and it can be worn over a coat, or under, yet easily accessed, which can be rather critical. In colder weather such a rig may be easier to get to in an emergency, it simply depends on the circumstances.

CHEERS!
    I should have specified a price range in the OP, because after the recommendations started coming in I realized that she would be pissed if I spent $128 on a holster for her. However, the PMK looks like the image that popped into my mind when she asked for a holster. The Tanker holsters might be a good idea, I'll see what she says after she tries her normal holster for a bit.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
    Is there a difference between the 568 vs 567 vs 569? Or is that the same holster with different mountings? She's not going to mess with a paddle. The clip on the 569 looks to be more her speed.

http://www.safariland.com/products/h...#q=569&start=1

No, not intentionally. It might get covered with a shirt or Carhartt to help protect from blackberry thorns, but it's not going into town in this holster.

I should have specified a price range in the OP, because after the recommendations started coming in I realized that she would be pissed if I spent $128 on a holster for her. However, the PMK looks like the image that popped into my mind when she asked for a holster. The Tanker holsters might be a good idea, I'll see what she says after she tries her normal holster for a bit.
    I think they are the same holster with different mountings. Call Safariland of holster ops. The current Safariland website is very difficult to navigate.

User Tag List