Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trainer in North Central WA?

Trainer in North Central WA?

I'm realizing I need some serious help with my fundamentals, but I live 5 miles past the middle of nowhere, and I'm the full time caretaker for a disabled wife. The latter makes overnight travel pretty much out of the question. Not looking for some hardcore tactical program, or even competition prep. I'd just like to get to the point of being confident I can hit what I shoot at. Any leads or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Dave

Site Supporter
    Firearms Academy of Seattle is near Onalaska...

https://firearmsacademy.com/

Quote Originally Posted by daved20319 View Post
    I'm realizing I need some serious help with my fundamentals, but I live 5 miles past the middle of nowhere, and I'm the full time caretaker for a disabled wife. The latter makes overnight travel pretty much out of the question. Not looking for some hardcore tactical program, or even competition prep. I'd just like to get to the point of being confident I can hit what I shoot at. Any leads or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Dave
    I don’t know what your distance from the Seattle metro area is, but InSights Training Center is by far the best place to get any sort of marksmanship training on the west side of the state.

Site Supporter
    Insights was pretty good when they guest taught in TX. FAS - good too.

Insights is great, but may be out of the question for travel. Paging @P.E. Kelley
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Yeah, anything in Western WA is a no go, Seattle is at least a 4 hour drive, and would pretty much require at least one, and possibly two, overnights. Add in the oncoming winter and a mountain pass or two, and things could get out of hand in a hurry. Thanks, though.

Dave

What is your time frame?
    What is your goal?
    What ballistic tools are you wanting help with?
    Do you compete?

Not that I am ready with all that is going on with me, but I must get out and do.

pk(at)multigun.com

Moses Lake, WA
    Last edited by P.E. Kelley; 11-14-2018 at 05:31 PM.
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    What is your time frame?
    What is your goal?
    What ballistic tools are you wanting help with?
    Do you compete?

Not that I am ready with all that is going on with me, but I must get out and do.

pk(at)multigun.com

Moses Lake, WA
    Time frame, probably early next spring, winter would be nice, as it's my slow time, but I prefer to shoot when I can feel my hands. Also, I really can't risk getting stuck somewhere, or otherwise unable to get home.

My goal is to consistently put shots on target at 5-25 yards, both defensively and in practice.

Not sure what you mean by ballistic tools, if you mean guns, I have several CZ pistols I'm focusing on, two are 9 mm, one is a .45 ACP. The two 9's are both compacts, one or the other will be my primary EDC, the .45 is just a range toy.

No, I don't compete, but I'd like to, if I could find a venue that wasn't half a days drive to get too. Later.

Dave

Dave, you may have just seen your toast land butter side up. Might take a while to set up a meet, but Mr Kelley can answer marksmanship questions. Hell, if you guys settle on a warm, spring weekend, PM me. I'd be up for a drive for that sort of knowledge.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by daved20319 View Post
    I'm realizing I need some serious help with my fundamentals, but I live 5 miles past the middle of nowhere, and I'm the full time caretaker for a disabled wife.
    Guess it depends on what you mean by "North Central WA"...? Okanogon? Wenatchee? Chelan?

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    ...Moses Lake, WA
    What have you got for ranges near you, there are enough Washingtonians here that a course might be gotten together...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List