Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trainer in North Central WA?

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Guess it depends on what you mean by "North Central WA"...? Okanogon? Wenatchee? Chelan?

What have you got for ranges near you, there are enough Washingtonians here that a course might be gotten together...
    The range facility I use is in Ephrata, WA

This could come together...Spring?
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    The range facility I use is in Ephrata, WA.
    I did my NRA Instructor Certification at Ephrata, the weekend I retired from the Army, but I was thinking of @daved20319, since it sounds like he's pretty limited, geography-wise..
    Recovering Gun Store Commando
    My Blog: The Clue Meter

Ephrata isn't out of the question, but figuring out a schedule that works could be tricky . One quick question for public consumption, then I'll PM Mr. Kelley for some private details. Is the Ephrata range outdoor only, or do they have indoor facilities? An indoor range would certainly open up my scheduling options. Thanks, all!

Dave

Site Supporter
    I think the Okanogan County Sheriff (or folks sort of affiliated with the S.O.) has classes. (no idea what their instruction is like, but I think I've seen trainers advertise classes up there)
    Probably more of a summer, spring thing though, as winter is coming. Or is here.

https://www.facebook.com/Okanogan-Co...3554361321257/

(I'd certainly be interested in anything Mr. Kelley has to offer, when he's up to it)
    Last edited by idahojess; 11-15-2018 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    I think the Okanogan County Sheriff (or folks sort of affiliated with the S.O.) has classes. (no idea what their instruction is like, but I think I've seen trainers advertise classes up there)
    Probably more of a summer, spring thing though, as winter is coming. Or is here.

https://www.facebook.com/Okanogan-Co...3554361321257/

(I'd certainly be interested in anything Mr. Kelley has to offer, when he's up to it)
    That does it: we're moving to Okanagon County.
    CITIZEN FIREARMS ACADEMIES

The citizen firearms classes are taught by our state certified firearms instructors. The classes are designed for the general public with instruction ranging from beginner to advanced. The classes teach basic firearms safety, proper shooting techniques, basic firearms maintenance, and legal issues regarding their carry and use.
    See our Citizen Firearms Page for further information
    (.pdf file)
    Citizen Firearms Classes
    We believe that the Constitution of the United States provides that the law abiding citizen has a right to own and possess a firearm. In keeping with this philosophy, we are attempting to provide safe and helpful instruction in the use of firearms.
    The Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office provides several classes a year to our citizens.
    They are taught at our state of the art range, by our state certified instructors.
    Also, Larry Vickers trains there. (Although the calendar in that document is 6 years out of date.)
    Last edited by Drang; 11-16-2018 at 12:43 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando
    My Blog: The Clue Meter

Connoisseur of cheap 1911 Sidheshooter's Avatar
    Vickers was out there last year. I got an invite from a buddy on the force there, but couldn't make it happen with my work schedule.
    "The evidence is all around us—the paroxysms of inchoate, infantile rage suffered by those who have turned fallible politicians into saviors and devils, godlike avatars of Good versus Evil."
    -Camille Paglia

User Tag List