Modern Samurai Project: Red Dot Pistol, Nov 10-11, 2018 Atlanta, GA

Name:  45765008_2359720890723877_3264386152408285184_n.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  67.0 KB

Modern Samurai Project
    2-day Red Dot Pistol Fundamentals and Performance
    November 10-11, 2018
    South River Gun Club-Atlanta, GA

I am a fairly new "trying to be serious" pistol shooter. I have no Mil, LEO, or pistol competition experience. I have taken 10 or so tactical pistol shooting classes, and many wing-shooting classes from world champions in various clay target disciplines. Jedi is as good a communicator of concepts in his area of interest as any instructor I have learned from, and frankly better than most. He certainly knows his subject in great detail, is passionate about the material, and has devised successive blocks of instruction to break techniques down into bite-sized, repeatable actions. His techniques clearly cut a lot of time off the traditional “learning curve.” As in about .4 off my typical draw time. He provided a great deal of personalized, individual feedback to each shooter, not favoring either the more advanced or less proficient shooter. Unlike some instructors, he was able and willing to demonstrate any aspect of his drills/technique/philosophy “on demand” and did so frequently. It was also clear that he truly wanted each student to improve, wanted to be there, and never "phoned it in." There was no condescension to the less technically adept shooters (i.e. me), so the class is “welcoming” to any potential student who can meet the prerequisite. I would recommend Scott as a coach to anyone who wants to learn the intricacies of the red-dot pistol, or simply wants to improve their shooting technique as quickly as possible.

Misc:

Equipment: Glock 17 w/Suarez slide and RMR 2 RM06 and Surefire X300 U, from OWB shooting American Eagle 115 ball with no issues at all. The round count for 2 days was roughly 700 rounds. The class was mostly Glocks with an VP9 and a P226 SAO also. No gun issues other than one RMR went down from a sheared screw, and needed a trip to the gunsmith to drill out the hole, as I appreciated it. The student in question picked up a loner gun and rocked on. Most of the class was shooting AIWB, and no one had a ND, shot their junk, or died in the street. I was very impressed at the technical proficiency (other than myself) and safety of the shooters in the class. Their level of acceptance for those new to “this side” of pistol shooting says a lot about the community in general, and Jedi’s students in particular.
    Last edited by GulfCoastd; 11-14-2018 at 11:37 AM.

User Tag List