Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 50 Matches - 50 Different Guns

Another dead weekend due to weather. I’d literally be twice as far along if not for the weather.

I dare you:

Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 02-16-2019 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I dare you:

Hmm. Might happen.

At this point, I missed more matches than was able to attend.

With all the weather cancellations, I'm way off from meeting my goal. At some point I want to pick a single gun / division to focus on for the shooting "main season". Not sure what that will be yet. I was pretty sure carry optics would be it, but still unhappy with what I've got for that (so naturally I need a new gun ).

Anyway, just to keep updated

13. 2/10/2019 - STI "Parts gun" 1911 / .40 S&W Major - USPSA Limited 10.

5 or so years ago, I realized I had accumulated enough spare parts that all I needed was a frame and plunger tube housing to build a complete gun. With the help from a friend, this Franken' gun was built.

14. 2/17/2019 - Ruger 22/45, Delta Point Pro - .22 LR - Steel Challenge "Outlaw", Rimfire Pistol Open.

A loaner gun. I've been interested in building one of these for steel challenge (but I'm going to go limited / iron sights if I do) and wanted to give it a try. I liked it and will probably put this on the short list to buy.
    Last edited by Bucky; 02-17-2019 at 03:04 PM.

Several years ago, I shot a local IDPAish match carrying 2 Ruger 44 Vaqueros plus 2 replica cap and ball revolvers all loaded with black powder. I did New York reloads. That would count as 4 guns wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    Several years ago, I shot a local IDPAish match carrying 2 Ruger 44 Vaqueros plus 2 replica cap and ball revolvers all loaded with black powder. I did New York reloads. That would count as 4 guns wouldn't it?
    Well, the 2 Rugers are the same model / caliber / "type", so that's one. If the cap and ball were different models, they'd count as 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Well, the 2 Rugers are the same model / caliber / "type", so that's one. If the cap and ball were different models, they'd count as 2.
    The two Rugers are not consecutive serial numbers and the trigger pull is slightly different, so I am going to call them 2 guns.

However, just as I pressed "submit reply" I realized it was only one match.

User Tag List