Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 50 Matches - 50 Different Guns

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    Oh if you really want to up the ante, shoot them at the match without having shot them ever before.
    I've never shot a Stock 2 prior to the match I shot it in. A friend contacted me and said she wanted to try my Shadow 2, so I said OK bring your Stock 2 and we'll swap. We swapped at the match and I took 2nd production after a GM, and second out of all the iron sighted handgun divisions.

In order to meet that 50, I'll likely swap on the spot with someone else down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I've never shot a Stock 2 prior to the match I shot it in. A friend contacted me and said she wanted to try my Shadow 2, so I said OK bring your Stock 2 and we'll swap. We swapped at the match and I took 2nd production after a GM, and second out of all the iron sighted handgun divisions.

In order to meet that 50, I'll likely swap on the spot with someone else down the line.
    Most excellent!
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

Very cool Bucky

Good luck in your quest

Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    Very cool Bucky

Good luck in your quest
    Thank you sir. Welcome to the forum.

Was hoping to knock out 3 this weekend, but Saturday was cancelled due to weather (turned out t be a nice day )

11/18: Steel Challenge / Limited - Les Baer Premier II 9mm, Warren Sights
    11/18: Steel Challenge / Rimfire Pistol Irons - Glock 37 with AA .22 top end, Warren Sights.

7 down.

Slow weekend, only one.

- 11/25/18: USPSA / Carry Optics - Glock 34 Gen 4, Vanek production trigger kit, direct mill Delta Point Pro.

Knockdown steel match today, 12/8/2018. A bit on the chilly side.

9. Beretta Extrema, 12 gauge, semi auto shotgun division
    10. CZ Shadow 2, 9mm, Pistol Iron Sights division.

11. 12/9/2018 - Colt 1991A1 with EGW makeover / .45 ACP - USPSA / Limited-10.

Very cold, and a bit frustrating of a day. The 10 round magazines were not falling free. I should have brought the 8 rounders and proper holster and shot single stack.

3 different guns scheduled to be shot, all rained out. The weekend weather this year has been horrid.

Finally, a match not cancelled due to weather.

12. 12/30/2018 - Beretta APX, completely stock / 9mm - USPSA / Production.

I haven't really shot this gun all that much, and certainly nothing more than target type shooting (no draws, reloads, etc). I was actually quite impressed at how well this gun shoots. It manages recoil really well and the trigger is pretty darn good. Hardest part was the big three dot factory sights, not the most ideal for competing.

Something interesting I noticed this morning while cleaning the magazines. Several of them were pretty dirtied up on the outside (lot of mud on the range), but were surprisingly clean on the inside. Not sure if there's something to the design of the mag to help keep debris out a bit better than other magazines, or just a pure coincidence. Just thinking out loud a bit.

User Tag List