Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 50 Matches - 50 Different Guns

50 Matches - 50 Different Guns

After 26 years of shooting competitively, I've switched things up quite a bit to keep things interesting. It's something I've developed quite the reputation for locally. Just to further the absurdity, a month ago I took on a challenge to see how long it takes to shoot 50 different guns in 50 different matches. (No, collection is not that big, there will definitely be some loaners.)

So how crazy is this? Think I can do it? (Only 44 more to go.) Just don't care?

Interesting! I will monitor your quest!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

So Far:

- 10/13: USPSA / Open Division - Springfield 1911 .38 Super, Caspian slide, CMORE site, Millennium Custom Comp.

- 10/20: USPSA / Production - Tanfoglio Stock II 9mm

- 10/28: USPSA Outlaw (high round count stages) / Open - EGW build SV Open Division gun, recently converted to 9mm by Millennium Custom.

- 11/4: USPSA / Production - XD Tactical (IE 5") .40 minor, Canyon Creek trigger work, Dawson Sights.

- 11/11: USPSA / Production - Beretta Elite 2 9mm, trigger work by me, fiber optic front, Wilson Combat rear sight.

I missed stated above, I have 45 to go (always forget not to count the header row in Excel ).

I'm trying for quite the variety. Only duplicates would count if they were setup differently / for a different division. For example, SV Open and Limited, or Glock 34 production and carry optics.

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Interesting! I will monitor your quest!
    Thanks.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Just don't care?
    It's at least as interesting as the old folks who ate at every Cracker Barrel. But no more interesting than the old folks who ate at every Cracker Barrel.

My guess it starts off fun then eventually morphs into feeling like checking a box. But with less pancakes.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    It's at least as interesting as the old folks who ate at every Cracker Barrel. But no more interesting than the old folks who ate at every Cracker Barrel.

My guess it starts off fun then eventually morphs into feeling like checking a box. But with less pancakes.
    So far it's been quite interesting. The XD was particularly interesting, as it reminded me how accurate that gun is. It was a very difficult / accuracy intensive match, designed by someone who was just back from nationals. Only 2 people out of about 60 completed the match with no misses.

If it gets to the point where it's not longer fun and / or I'm no longer getting something out of it, then I'll quite or suspend the project.

Site Supporter
    It is a doable project. Best wishes with it. It should be fun too. I have been our local club's "gun of the month" guy for a long time. It may not have helped me to improve, but I have a fair knowledge of how many different pistols handle under the stress of competition. Enjoy your quest.

Are you related to Enel?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Are you related to Enel?
    Not that I know of, but we're all brothers aren't we?

GJM will always be ahead of you.

User Tag List