Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What was the reputation of the Hi Standard K-120 in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    What kind of ammunition do you use in your gun?

Actually, now that we are on the subject... Are those original sling mounts? Girlfriends gun didn't come with any (of course, I don't even know if she would want a sling on that gun, just thought I'd ask).
    All kinds it ingests everything. But mainly Brenneke for slugs federal for 00 buck. Have no idea on sling mounts. That's how I received it.
    Last edited by eb07; 11-26-2018 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Where'd you get that kydex shell holder?
    Safariland, but looks like it was answered for you.. I have one on the shockwave too

Excellent shotguns, IMO. I enjoyed the ones I have had, and found them to be reliable and fast. You can use many Mossberg parts on them, because IIRC these are essentially Mossberg 500 on the inside. I know forend with interchange as will stocks, though the receiver will over hang a bit.

Their popularity seems to be on the rise, though I dont know why. IMHO, its a no more than $250 in great shape gun, but on GB, some have exceeded that by almost $100. I fell for them because of Steve McQueen's Carter "Doc" McCoy work with it in The Getaway.

I prefer the K120 to the K1200. The later, towards the end of production, ran into heat treating issues.

Note to "That Guy": my K-120 has the exact same sling swivel arrangement, it looks like a factory setup.

Little known fact: This was designed by the guy who actually did the bulk of the M-1 carbine design (who wasn't that dude Williams). It sort of combines elements of the Remington 31 and Winchester 12 in a cheaper to make package. Although, comparing it to modern designs, it looks like the height of old world craftsmanship. I suspect, but do not know, that the Mossberg is a further streamlining of the design for even cheaper production and to include dual action bars and interchangeable barrels. They certainly share some elements but I would be surprised if any internals interchanged.

Before my time but I don't recall reading anything bad about them. I missed buying a RS K-120 on GunBroker a few years ago and I still kick myself for that. I've wanted one since 1972, and here's why...

Start the video at 1:25.

"Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List