Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon Announces Location of HQ2

Site Supporter
    25,000 jobs paying 150K average. $3.75 Billion in annual salary. Countless downstream jobs to support all that spending.

Poof!

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    25,000 jobs paying 150K average. $3.75 Billion in annual salary. Countless downstream jobs to support all that spending.

Poof!

It’s NYC. They’ll manage without Amazon.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Will they? Cuomo was already bemoaning the fact that all of the middle class taxpayers are fleeing to Florida and Texas. They have a huge shortfall in tax revenue that's going to make them have to cut funds to someprograms. Cuomo and Deblasio really wanted this deal for the $$$$ but AOC screwed them. Something tells me AOC is going to be a one term Congresscritter.

The best way to render AOC ineffective is to let her run her mouth as much as possible.

Would all your enemies be this accommodating......LOL
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 02-15-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    It’s NYC. They’ll manage without Amazon.
    The sad part is that voters there will think this is a win for them, rather than being pissed that their "Leadership" let 3.75 billion in wages walk away.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Name:  Image 2-15-19 at 12.05 PM.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  26.0 KB

Site Supporter
    I watched AOC talk about all the things the could be done with the 3 billion dollar incentives given to Amazon. I got the feeling that she didn’t understand that this money did not exist yet. It reminded me of negotiating with kids when they were young. They whined for X; I offered Y. They refused and got nothing. I understand it’s NY city and 25000 jobs is not a lot but it’s a lot to just piss away

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer81 View Post
    Name:  Image 2-15-19 at 12.05 PM.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  26.0 KB
    That pretty much sums it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I understand it’s NY city and 25000 jobs is not a lot but it’s a lot to just piss away
    Exactly. Sure, NYC will get along without Amazon...but it's stupid to miss out on this revenue.

I used to live in a decayed industrial city.

During an election, I saw a campaign sign for a prospective mayor that read, "If a business wants to make money here, they should have to pay for that privilege!"

I really don't get why it's so hard to understand that this mentality is a bad idea.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

The elephant in the room for NY/NYC is that Cuomo and Diblasio both flat out admitted the taxes, zoning and regulatory burdens are so great that a company like Amazon would never do business in the city without a deal to be relieved from those burdens.

So what about all the small and medium sized businesses without the negotiating clout of Amazon? Cuomo and Diblasio are silent on this even as they continue making the situation worse each year.

Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoS View Post
    The elephant in the room for NY/NYC is that Cuomo and Diblasio both flat out admitted the taxes, zoning and regulatory burdens are so great that a company like Amazon would never do business in the city without a deal to be relieved from those burdens.

So what about all the small and medium sized businesses without the negotiating clout of Amazon? Cuomo and Diblasio are silent on this even as they continue making the situation worse each year.
    Shhhhhh…...it's leftist economics at work.

Personally, I'm glad NYC lost out on this. Big cities like it are growing more and more un-American by the day to the point that it's getting difficult to see them as part of the same country I live in.

User Tag List