Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Police shoot uniformed security guard

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    I’m sure studies have been done on this, but my experience from everyday life is that if you come up behind someone and say “freeze” or “don’t move”, a lot of people will turn around. It’s just what people do.

Yelling “Police!” is not going to instantly rewire their brains.

Which makes it really difficult for everyone involved......
    Yup. Which is why you need to be aware of it and train yourself on what to do. We actually do it frequently in in-service. This last time was 50% "uniform" and 50% "off duty/plain clothes" set up. The last 50% included the interacting with responding uniformed officers.

It's one of those gaps in the civilian training market. I've met few civilian-for-civilian trainers who've addressed anything post shooting other than a scan of the area. The few that have were generally giving terrible advice. I had a student say they were taught to call 911, say "there's been a shooting at XXX" then say nothing else. That's so fucking retarded I can't even begin to fathom why anyone though that was a good idea.

Thread drift, but that's why I prefer trainers to stay in their lane.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by jondoe297 View Post
    The guy in the pic definitely isn't one you want to model yourself after though.
    What is the info on him? Looks kinda like a young Matt Damon.

Quote Originally Posted by medic15al View Post
    What is the info on him? Looks kinda like a young Matt Damon.
    Rent-a-Cop from Chesapeake, VA that had a very questionable shooting, and is presently awaiting trial for it. A buddy of mine had a run-in with him at one point.
    If you have an on-duty shooting, never ask the investigators at the scene how your "grouping" was.

Quote Originally Posted by jondoe297 View Post
    Rent-a-Cop from Chesapeake, VA that had a very questionable shooting, and is presently awaiting trial for it. A buddy of mine had a run-in with him at one point.
    If you have an on-duty shooting, never ask the investigators at the scene how your "grouping" was.
    Good grief.....

User Tag List