Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Police shoot uniformed security guard

Ok, just saw a credible report that the deceased did have a valid PERC card. This is looking really ugly for the PO.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Curious, does a "security " shirt and hat mean you're automatically the good guy? How tightly regulated are they? Anymore then the CCW badge?
    You can walk into any police supply store and buy a security hat. I've seen uniform shirts complete with company patches in The Goodwill.

I havent heard if there is any footage of the incident. The PO is getting flayed in the court of public opinion, and his superiors seem to be throwing him under the bus.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    This is pretty close to what my uniform looks like my sleeves are long though.

And across the back of every piece of uniform that they give me it says Security in six inch tall bright white letters. Most of the time I wear a bright yellow safety vest that also says Security on it.

My employer wants to make absolutely positive that the police know who I am when they show up on site
    The guy in the pic definitely isn't one you want to model yourself after though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jondoe297 View Post
    The guy in the pic definitely isn't one you want to model yourself after though.
    I'm aware of his back story but tbat was the closest picture I could find.

Site Supporter
    I hope the officer had a body camera on. That said, until more information is available, it is impossible to guess if this was a "good shoot" or not. In my experience, "bar security" are unarmed unless off-duty LEO's. Their "uniforms" consist of black clothing which may have "security" marked somewhere. Their training is somewhat limited. While many LEO's (myself included) have been in position in which the security officer allegedly was, kneeling on or over a suspect with gun to head or body is not recommended practice.

I suspect the media is making this an issue because they can blame the police and the decedent was black. I also suspect that the risks of off duty intervention and the training associated with it is not mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I'm aware of his back story but tbat was the closest picture I could find.
    It's an absolute crapfest. The stuff in the news is only half of it.

Ok, I’ll bite. Who dat?
    Ken

Now conflicting info is starting to surface. ISP is saying that the decedent wasn’t wearing any obviously identifying clothing and that he repeatedly ignored orders to drop his weapon and prone out. Turning into a real shitshow.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Now conflicting info is starting to surface. ISP is saying that the decedent wasn’t wearing any obviously identifying clothing and that he repeatedly ignored orders to drop his weapon and prone out. Turning into a real shitshow.
    https://www.npr.org/2018/11/14/66773...police-now-say

As always, eyewitness accounts vary.....

User Tag List