Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G26/27 sights? What's the best these days?

G26/27 sights? What's the best these days?

I have finally grown weary enough of my Gen 3 Glock 27 factory sights. I am looking to upgrade, but want to make sure I get the right set. I want something that has some generous light bars on either side of the front sight. Most sight sets are listed as G17/19/26, but I'm concerned that the shorter slide length will make the front sight fill the notch. Something big and bright would be nice. This is definitely a gun that is used in a daily carry role, with an emphasis on shorter range engagements. What are the state of the art right now?

Sights are very personal. Be prepared for a wide range of answers based on experience, age, eyesight and genetics.

That said, it’s hard to go wrong with an orange front w/NS insert and a flat black rear with some width to the notch, eg. Ameriglo UCs

https://ameriglo.com/products/glock-uc-tritium-sets

Ameriglo Hacks

https://ameriglo.com/products/glock-hackathorn-sets

Or maybe trijicon HDs, if you want night dots on the rears

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...php?pid=GL104O
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I’ve had a couple different Ameriglos as well as Trijicon HDs and I would definitely go with Ameriglo over Trijicon HD. The HDs are way too big and sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Site Supporter
    Front and rear tritium gives you the most sight visibility under the greatest variety of conditions. You want sights made by a company that uses Trijicon inserts for maximum longevity.

I am currently using Dawson Carry Sights after a thread by Gabe White in which he photographed multiple different sights under different light conditions. The Dawson tritium sights were the most visible in the greatest variety of conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I hesitate to claim any sight is the best, but I’ve been very happy with the Ameriglos that I use on all of my Glocks. All but one have orange front Hacks, but I’ve been trying the Agents that Brownells offers on my 45 with good results.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leathermaneod View Post
    I’ve had a couple different Ameriglos as well as Trijicon HDs and I would definitely go with Ameriglo over Trijicon HD. The HDs are way too big and sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I had a set of HD's on a 26, and they worked as advertised (easy to see) but just too fat for me. I believe they make a version with a thinner front sight now.

One of my 19's has Ameriglo's Defoor black/black, that's the way to go for accuracy. They also make a version with a tritium front.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Same as my other 9mm glocks. Ameriglo I Dot Pro or Spartan Tactical. The Ameriglo Operators are also pretty nice (white outline, front vial only, 2 bare rear vials) as the rear sight is lower profile and less likely to poke holes in your T shirts.

Will there be a problem using G17 sights on a G26 due to shorter slide length? On the factory sights, the front post is slightly wider than the rear notch, which make horizontal alignment hard. The only manufacturer that I've seen with a G26 specific listing was Ameriglo. Do most good quality sights just have enough room in the rear notch to accommodate for this? Just eyeballing it the G26 has about 30-40 percent shorter sight radius.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Since the front sight is further away from your face than the rear sight, it will appear smaller, which is how sights with a wider front post than the rear notch still get light bars.

If you like big light bars around your front blade, get a set with more of a difference between front post and rear notch widths.

Some people prefer smaller light bars, some don't.

I'm easy...I like the Trijicon HDs just fine. (Orange version.) But then, it took me 28 years to get around to installing night sights on my Glocks, so I'm probably not the best spokesperson for the industry.

The AmeriGlos seemed to have caught up and surpassed them in popularity hereabouts over the past couple of years if that's any indication of a growing trend.
    Last edited by blues; 11-13-2018 at 03:41 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List