Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dardas closing

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Anyone who's shot cast/lubed vs cast/coated will probably say that polymer coating is the way of the future. Heck even Federal is offering loaded ammo with a coated bullet.
    Is polymer the same as powder coating at the industrial (vs home hobbyist) level?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Off topic a bit, but what's the rationale for that? Because I've always had significantly better accuracy with FMJ opposed to coated lead.
    I have had good but not outstanding accuracy from FMJ (except the Nosler, discontinued, of course), JHP does better for me.
    But I can hit the A/Zero at usual ranges with coated (and plated) bullets and save money.

Is polymer the same as powder coating at the industrial (vs home hobbyist) level?

Chris
    Hi Tek is sold in liquid form or a powder to be dissolved in acetone for dip or spray application. Lots faster than DIY powder coating. I don't know what the other commercial coatings are.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Hate to see him go. Bought a bunch of .38 and 9mm hard cast bullets over the years from him. Good products.

User Tag List