Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy on/off OWB Holsters?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Ulticlip is a good idea. @Tony Mayer?
    I think if you want concealment, security and easier than threading your belt on and off a fixed loop system, the QMS is the only way to fly. They are not paddle easy to put on and take off, but it shouldn't be if you want it to stay on your belt during anything more than a range session. There is never a free lunch.

Re the Ulticlips, haven't messed with the XL but wouldn't trust it for anything more than a range holster.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

My favorite concealment OWB is the genuine Alessis CQC-S. I’ve got one with a LOT of use, and it hasn’t sagged or stretched. When I broke a snap, I called them and asked how much to fix. I also disclosed I bought it used. They fixed it for free.

Reminds me, I need to get another for a different gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    I think if you want concealment, security and easier than threading your belt on and off a fixed loop system, the QMS is the only way to fly.
    Tony, if you have a QMS option for your OWB-1 I want to order a couple sets and order another holster with them. This time of year going to the range IWB in the nice warm truck and switching to OWB without screwing with the belt would be optimal. If so, any mag pouch options?
    Ulticlip is a good idea.
    Re the Ulticlips, haven't messed with the XL but wouldn't trust it for anything more than a range holster.
    We might be talking about just range holsters, but the XL might be worth another look. It appears to match up to my two OWB-1s (it hangs down past a little, maybe could leave a little holster below it) but if anything the drawback might be getting it to COME off. It slipped behind my belt, and it was easy to snap it shut, but reaching in to try to get it open again (mine is new and the tension was fierce) might be the flaw in the "easy" on and "off" scheme, especially this time of year with cold fingers (at least in my climate... ).

ETA: The XL would be clamping the lever between the belt and pants in this case.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 11-13-2018 at 07:53 AM.

I think if you want concealment, security and easier than threading your belt on and off a fixed loop system, the QMS is the only way to fly. They are not paddle easy to put on and take off, but it shouldn't be if you want it to stay on your belt during anything more than a range session. There is never a free lunch.

Yes, a paddle is of no interest to me for at least 3 reasons (sticks out too much, not secure, sweaty).

@Tony Mayer, do you have any plans to make an OWB holster using the QMS snap loops? I dug through my box-o-holsters and found an old Raven Phantom for a G17 that I had set up that way. It does work well. The thing I don't like about it is how wide it is on the belt. My ideal OWB would be the JMCK OWB 2 (pictured in my post at the top of this thread), but with QMS loops.

Thoughts?
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Yes, a paddle is of no interest to me for at least 3 reasons (sticks out too much, not secure, sweaty).

@Tony Mayer, do you have any plans to make an OWB holster using the QMS snap loops? I dug through my box-o-holsters and found an old Raven Phantom for a G17 that I had set up that way. It does work well. The thing I don't like about it is how wide it is on the belt. My ideal OWB would be the JMCK OWB 2 (pictured in my post at the top of this thread), but with QMS loops.

Thoughts?
    Clusterfrack, we have made some of them in the past, haven't had any requests for them in quite awhile though. The OWB2 is probably a no go as the front of the holster has no wing to carry a loop, the loop is in the sight channel. I could probably figure out a way to attach the QMS loops to it, but would require a lot of R&D to make work correctly and in the end would probably not be worth the time for what the end result would be. I think a better option would be 100% dedicated OWB1 type that has the hole pattern for the QMS and is as narrow and size efficient as I can make it, and the R&D for that would be much pretty much non existent. Right now we are freaky busy and I need to get prepped and ready for the crazy season, so this probably won't happen until at least after Christmas....but you never know, maybe sooner if the demand is there!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Clusterfrack, we have made some of them in the past, haven't had any requests for them in quite awhile though. The OWB2 is probably a no go as the front of the holster has no wing to carry a loop, the loop is in the sight channel. I could probably figure out a way to attach the QMS loops to it, but would require a lot of R&D to make work correctly and in the end would probably not be worth the time for what the end result would be. I think a better option would be 100% dedicated OWB1 type that has the hole pattern for the QMS and is as narrow and size efficient as I can make it, and the R&D for that would be much pretty much non existent. Right now we are freaky busy and I need to get prepped and ready for the crazy season, so this probably won't happen until at least after Christmas....but you never know, maybe sooner if the demand is there!

I'm following along on this. I'm currently looking for my wife, a snap on OWB for a Beretta 92. Due to her employment she has to doff/don every time she enters/leaves the facility. #detention If you can make this happen I will be in for one.

Awesome. Let's talk about this. I'm in no rush.

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdkiller View Post
    For that holster? I don’t know of any options.

I have a set of QMS straps from Raven on a phantom, and I have a custom OWB 1 with QMS straps from Tony.

Right now I’m just waiting on raven to release their QMS kit for the Perun so I can start carrying that.

If it’s a concealable OWB holster, I’m probably not wearing it without QMS. They’re stable, concealable, and for me, a concealed OWB is just to get from A to B when that holster will be ditched.
    My findings concur 100%. I use QMS straps for running without difficulty. The only reason I don't own a Perun is due to the lack of them for that holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    My findings concur 100%. I use QMS straps for running without difficulty. The only reason I don't own a Perun is due to the lack of them for that holster.
    Raven posted the teaser in their Instagram back in July. As soon as they drop I’ll be in for two sets.

I think a better option would be 100% dedicated OWB1 type that has the hole pattern for the QMS and is as narrow and size efficient as I can make it, and the R&D for that would be much pretty much non existent. Right now we are freaky busy and I need to get prepped and ready for the crazy season, so this probably won't happen until at least after Christmas....but you never know, maybe sooner if the demand is there!
    I'm all in if you can do it for a 92F.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

User Tag List