Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Easy on/off OWB Holsters?

For most of the 1990s I was a huge user, and proponent for Kramer's MSP Paddle; I most frequently used it with my SIG P225, which was my EDC back in that day.

I gradually moved over to their #3 IWB, as it seemed to be a bit more concealable and comfortable. With a paddle, no matter how good (and Kramer's are some of the best, in my experience), there's still the feeling of the gun hanging out there as opposed to being an integrated part of your body, if that makes any sense. With the major exception of Privateer holsters, most of my holsters these days are kydex. Generally, I do not need a quick on/off holster option. If I ned wear options in a holster, I'd lean towards A 3-slot, which allows for cross-draw carry, which is particularly useful for in-vehicle carry/road trips, etc.

I'd still recommend the MSP paddle to those seeking that route, but I've personally gone in other directions holster-wise.

Best, Jon

Did this project ever see a prototype make the light of day? This is something I'd be interested in at this point, if so.

Any movement on this? I'm in need of a OWB concealment holster that allows for quick transition to a duty belt without taking my belt off.

A couple of non-traditional kydex paddles

RM Holsters paddle https://rmholsters.com/Products.php

Panther Concealment OWB https://www.pantherconcealment.com/owb-holsters.html

So I had a chance to press a prototype OWB holster for this project this past weekend. Haven't had the time to mess with it yet but I might have something worked up this weekend using QMS snaps. Thanks for the patience with this, been a crazy couple years and have had to put a few intriguing projects (to me anyway) on hold to keep up with demand of normal stuff. Have always wanted to make this design work. Will hopefully have good news to report after this weekend!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    So I had a chance to press a prototype OWB holster for this project this past weekend. Haven't had the time to mess with it yet but I might have something worked up this weekend using QMS snaps. Thanks for the patience with this, been a crazy couple years and have had to put a few intriguing projects (to me anyway) on hold to keep up with demand of normal stuff. Have always wanted to make this design work. Will hopefully have good news to report after this weekend!
    Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, Tony even though it won’t directly affect my heavily favored OWB2s.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

So an update on this, getting some specific pull the dot loops made that will be just for this design. Going to be a couple more weeks at least before I get this rolling.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

I wish there was a way of coming up with a PTD tunnel loop.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I wish there was a way of coming up with a PTD tunnel loop.
    I thought @orionz06 used to do that when he made OWB holsters? Tom?

I didn't read the entire thread but I've had these that work pretty well. One model has a ratchet that allows you to change the cant.

It may take awhile to get one because I think they're made in Israel.

https://www.fobusholster.com/collect...andard-holster
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List