Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: #18

Congrats! Still, haven't given up the desire to make the attempt, but the focus has shifted in the last couple of years. Maybe I will come full circle one day and look for an opportunity to get with Earnest and give it a go. Good job for putting in the work!

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    Attachment 32323

Congrats on the coin!
    Wrong kind of precious I'm thinkin...

Name:  tenor.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  18.0 KB

Strong work!

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Congrats! Still, haven't given up the desire to make the attempt, but the focus has shifted in the last couple of years. Maybe I will come full circle one day and look for an opportunity to get with Earnest and give it a go. Good job for putting in the work!
    You know, it’s funny about the focus thing. My first two attempts for the coin were in 2011 with Todd, and then it wasn’t until last year (2017) that I really started getting serious about it again. Life took a weird detour through a bunch of things I didn’t expect to happen and then all of a sudden it was like “hey you’re a semi-pro shooter again and what’s really surprising is that you enjoy it!”

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    You know, it’s funny about the focus thing. My first two attempts for the coin were in 2011 with Todd, and then it wasn’t until last year (2017) that I really started getting serious about it again. Life took a weird detour through a bunch of things I didn’t expect to happen and then all of a sudden it was like “hey you’re a semi-pro shooter again and what’s really surprising is that you enjoy it!”
    Todd and I had talked about doing a Veterans Day give back event here in Hawaii for a couple of years before he passed, and I was hoping to shoot for a coin with him. Unfortunately, the event kept getting put on hold, and we never got the chance to pull it off. I really looked forward to it.

Besides my SSG business, I am involved in another business start up which wholly consumes my time. Priorities have entirely shifted for me, and I don't have any current personal training or shooting goals. No shooting "bucket list" to speak of. However, I always wanted to run this with Todd in a class, and now that he is gone it is the one thing that still sticks out in the back of my mind. Maybe I'll come full circle with it.
    Last edited by Surf; 11-15-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Congratulations--Well Done!
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

For the gear nerds, I used a Beretta 92FS from my issued Safariland SLS duty holster. Ammo was the Federal Syntech 115 grain stuff. Times were 4.74 on the first run and 4.95 on the second run.
    I rise to a point of order. Mag pouches? Open topped? Flaps?
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    I rise to a point of order. Mag pouches? Open topped? Flaps?
    Open top Safariland pouches. Not issued but authorized for work.

Open top Safariland pouches. Not issued but authorized for work.
    Thanks.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    No Jetfire, no care.

Just kidding, congrats dude!

User Tag List