Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Claws versus integral wedges in AIWB grip tucking

The idea of fewer parts to fail flies out the window once we consider forming practices, material draw, and applied forces. There are loads of holsters out there from a range of makers with more hardware than a belt wedge based holster that haven't failed. There are belt wedge holsters that have flexed in a manner to the point of cracking. Choose based on what best meets your needs. A belt wedge will typically offer less rotation of the grip but will create a little more space to establish your master grip. They're less favorable for smaller people, in most cases. The trigger guard bump behaves more like a claw but has some limits as well and will typically need a muzzle wedge to assist. The Tenicor Velo is a prime example of a good combo.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    This

The only real way to see what works for you is to try both styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I get a somewhat faster draw with a wedge (JMCK George), but much better concealment with a claw (JMCK Wing Claw 2.5). With my 32" waist, the wedge prints as an odd bump along my waistline, and the end of the grip can print as well.
    The belt wedge on the George, even smaller than some, still spreads the pants away from the body body enough to create an opening to help establish your grip. That's the one downside to claw based grip rotation. They're by no means slow but the master grip thing is something that many really love.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List