Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Small dots don't seem to work for me. Any red dots that have an etched reticle?

LASIK ten years ago, still have excellent vision. Mild astigmatism in both eyes but more pronounced in my dominant eye. T1 is "okay" but looks like a pile of grapes, have since adopted TA44 (better) and NF 1-4 (love the FCG3)

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    That looks like it's the older model of their prism scope. The newer version
    http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/...1x-prism-scope

Has the up/down arrows like their Razor AMG UH-1 holographic optic and it runs off a AAA instead of a CR2032 which is an improvement in my mind.
    Cabelas has the older 1301 on sale again for $170. Was looking at the two and realized the new version is called AR for a reason: the riser in the mount is integral, as it's where the battery and controls are mounted. The old version has a removable spacer so it can be installed in a "low" mount for use with conventionally stocked guns. Depending on receiver drill pattern, could even be compatible with a "CROM"-type setup if someone was interested in machining such a thing.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I've basiccaly put ACOGs on everything. Rifles in 5.56 have the 4x green chevron and my Scorpion has a TA44 1.5x dot.

I tried the primary arms cyclops with the ACSS but the chevron was so small that it looked like an oblong dot at any lower magnification which I didn't like.

Aimpoint makes a Micro H-2 with a 6 MOA dot which I would love to put on my Ruger PCC because someone started making a mount for the Micros that replace the rear sight but no one seems to have any in stock anywhere and good luck finding one on the used market.

User Tag List